Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Expat Hi from Dallas via Perth

Expat Hi from Dallas via Perth

Old Mar 7th 2017, 2:59 am
Just Joined

bugsybuz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expat Hi from Dallas via Perth

Hi all, I've been lurking for a little while now, so thought it would be best to introduce myself and family.
My wife, three daughters and I(and one little dog) were originally from London/Essex heard of the golden appeal of Australia but for us only ended up as silver We did like it there and the kids loved it, but, we were only on a 457 so done the four years and now moved onto Texas, albeit with another little dog in tow(more ridiculous expense:-) Oh that was also via Toronto for a quick look as well, then a road trip from there to Dallas (whose clever idea was that)
Anyway, we're here and looking at making a fresh start again and hopefully looking forward to sharing our experiences while picking some brains along the way
Old Mar 7th 2017, 9:03 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Hi from Dallas via Perth

Hi bugsy, welcome to BE

Thanks for the introduction, wow, you sure have been around! Sorry that Oz didn't work out for you all, I've heard that the weather at least in Texas is similar so if you're a hot weather lover you'll be happy

Are you planning on staying in Texas for a while or are you moving on somewhere else? If you've been reading BE for a while you'll know that we have forums for just about every place, so hopefully you'll be able to get all the information you need.

Have a read of the BE site rules if you haven't already, and contact one of our lovely moderators if you run into any site problems.

Best wishes to you and your family, including your well travelled little dog!
Old Mar 7th 2017, 12:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to BE

My but you and the family are a lovely bunch of gypsies Seems like you are planning on covering the globe. Next destination is Texas in the US. Well Texas is a big state with a somewhat diverse geography for being only one of 50 states. You don't mention in your into what type of visa you are using to live and work ? in the US. So may I direct you to the US forums USA - British Expats for your questions and answers.

I will forewarn you the first thing they do is hit upon you for visa information before they will answer any other questions. So please be prepared for that. A good many of our members of the US forum are living in Texas and will be helpful in getting through the navigation of living, schooling and working. Hell, just to get a driver's license is a path filled with landmines.

Good luck to you and your lovely family.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

bugsybuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you spouse of scouse and Rete for the welcome and love the gypsy comment, I knew we should have got a caravan instead
The kids seem to like what we have seen so far, so if they are happy we're happy. We are looking at an E2 visa and viewed a few businesses that fit our criteria around the north dallas area.
Also, lol to the driving licence!
Thanks again