ex serviceman hoping moving to Canada

ex serviceman hoping moving to Canada

Old Oct 19th 2013, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Peeps75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ex serviceman hoping moving to Canada

Hi All well a bit about me i am 42 and married with 2 kids 8 & 5,

We would love to move to Calgary Canada,

I am an injured serviceman due to serving in Afghan, and due to this have a very good tax free income per month from the UK Gov, plus a net worth of £400,000.

So the problem is how to get to Canada to start a new life when i cannot get in on the Work Visa, and then after 2 years apply for full visa.

My wife has a huge range of skills in the fitness industry from GP referral medical exercise classes to registered pers trainer, but it is'nt on the list of government recognised jobs.

We are going over for 2 weeks in march for her to try to get employment as we have friends already working there, of which the female is gainfully employed in the fitness indust, and he is a gas fitter/ green energy installer.

Any hope of just being allowed to live in Canada as we are financially sufficient seems a no go unlike Aus and NZ.

Thanks and hope to hear back.
Old Oct 19th 2013, 11:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ex serviceman hoping moving to Canada

Originally Posted by Peeps75
Hi All well a bit about me i am 42 and married with 2 kids 8 & 5,

We would love to move to Calgary Canada,

I am an injured serviceman due to serving in Afghan, and due to this have a very good tax free income per month from the UK Gov, plus a net worth of £400,000.

So the problem is how to get to Canada to start a new life when i cannot get in on the Work Visa, and then after 2 years apply for full visa.

My wife has a huge range of skills in the fitness industry from GP referral medical exercise classes to registered pers trainer, but it is'nt on the list of government recognised jobs.

We are going over for 2 weeks in march for her to try to get employment as we have friends already working there, of which the female is gainfully employed in the fitness indust, and he is a gas fitter/ green energy installer.

Any hope of just being allowed to live in Canada as we are financially sufficient seems a no go unlike Aus and NZ.

Thanks and hope to hear back.
Hi there peeps and welcome to BE

I'm afraid I can't offer any answers, but I can see you've found your way to our Canadian section, so good luck with the search and shout if you need a hand
Old Oct 19th 2013, 12:45 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi peeps and welcome to the forum . Hope the plan works out
Old Oct 19th 2013, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

First of all I would like to say thank you for your service...I am sorry to hear that you were injured during your tour of duty.

We have several excellent Canada Forums http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...php?f=56...why don't you pop over there and take a look around? I am sure the people who frequent the Canada forums will do their best to answer any questions you may have about moving to the Great White North.

Good luck and once again welcome.
Old Oct 19th 2013, 10:17 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome. Post again on the Canada Immigration forum. It sounds to me like your wife will need to get a job offer with LMO for a start. Good luck and hope to talk again.

Edit. Ah, I see you already did that. Just ignore me.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Peeps75 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you delete a thread or edit it even.thanks
Old Oct 20th 2013, 2:48 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

For a limited amount of time after posting, you can do it yourself with the edit button which is in the bottom of the post on the right hand side.

If it's too late, then you would need a moderator for that forum. Moderators are listed in the bottom right of a forum page in bold. You would need to send one of them a message.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 4:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

There is a 2 hour window after posting in which you can edit/delete a post. You cannot delete a thread...with one exception...if you open a new thread then within the 2 hr window delete the opening post...this will then delete the thread providing no other posts have been made. If someone else posts in the thread you cannot delete it.

Only moderators and admin can delete threads...but be aware we do not normally delete threads in the Immigration Forums.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 3:50 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome,

Hopefully you can find a way to make it to where you want to be.
Just a small point though, you mention being allowed to live in NZ if you are financially self sufficient, I'm not sure where you got that information but I can't think of a visa that allows this. I am willing to be proved wrong! Just in case you change your mind and decide to move to NZ

All the best
P
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary