Etihad

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Giantz is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi

Hi folks,

new to the forum but eager to learn. Can anyone tell me if there are any Etihad pilots on the forum that you know about? I'm curious to know how far the Etihad housing allowance (160k) would get me in AD.

If necessary I could even add something on myself so long as I have a decent place within a good commute of the airport.

Not necessary to be on the island or anywhere too crowded, actually I like the slightly quieter places.

chhers
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Giantz
Hi folks,

new to the forum but eager to learn. Can anyone tell me if there are any Etihad pilots on the forum that you know about? I'm curious to know how far the Etihad housing allowance (160k) would get me in AD.

If necessary I could even add something on myself so long as I have a decent place within a good commute of the airport.

Not necessary to be on the island or anywhere too crowded, actually I like the slightly quieter places.

chhers
Hello and welcome to BE.

As you can see I've moved your post into a thread of it's own. I think you will get a much better response to your questions if you repost in our Middle East forum. The people who post in the ME forums are a friendly bunch and I'm sure they will help you all they can.

If you find yourself a little lost navigating the many BE forums...we have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

The moderators for the ME forums are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell.

Please give me a shout if I can be of any further help

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 23rd 2010 at 9:27 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:38 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etihad

Hi Giantz

I see Jerseygirl has pointed you in the direction of our Middle East forum, where I am sure the good folks on there will help you with any tips and advice you need to help your move go smoothly.
That just leaves me to say welcome to BE - I hope you enjoy the fun and banter to be had and making new friends in your new home area

Dread - x
Old Sep 24th 2010, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome.

So, looking forward to hear what the boys and girls have to say about accommodation in AD... Th Al Reef complex looks ok, however I can't quite get enough information about it, the website is pretty scarce!! Also I'm having difficulty understanding; when they say "arabic community" "mediterranean community" etc etc what exactly do they mean? Is it just the style of the buildings which varies or are there other differences.

would be nice to find out more.

thanks
Old Sep 24th 2010, 8:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome.

So, looking forward to hear what the boys and girls have to say about accommodation in AD... Th Al Reef complex looks ok, however I can't quite get enough information about it, the website is pretty scarce!! Also I'm having difficulty understanding; when they say "arabic community" "mediterranean community" etc etc what exactly do they mean? Is it just the style of the buildings which varies or are there other differences.

thanks
Using the link I gave you in my post #2...why don't you take a look at our Middle East forums and ask your questions there? You'll get a much better response from the people who actually are familiar with the region than you will in this forum. Good luck.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:35 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome.

thanks

Hi Giantz

I'm usually found lurking on the Goa forum so I aam sorry but I really can't answer this for you. I would definitely echo Jerseygirl's advice about reposting the question onto the middle east forum, where I am sure you will be answered very quickly by those expats in then know.
Go for it, don't be shy - just get posting and start enjoying making some new buddies in the Middle East.

Good luck - have fun

Dread -x
Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:38 am
Just Joined

ok folks thanks I'll try get some reactions from the middle east clan.

cheers for the guidance