Catriona

Old Mar 24th 2014, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

culloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Catriona

Hello is there anyone out there from Inverness who lives in or near New York state ? Also can anyone help with info regarding buying property [ a small house ] back in the UK?
Old Mar 25th 2014, 12:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catriona

Originally Posted by culloden13
Hello is there anyone out there from Inverness who lives in or near New York state ? Also can anyone help with info regarding buying property [ a small house ] back in the UK?
Hi there and welcome to BE

I'm not sure if there's anyone from Inverness, but you'll find the New Yorkers in the US forums - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57

There's also an active Moving Back to the UK forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61 who may be able to help with the property purchase
Old Mar 25th 2014, 2:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE.

After 18 years in New Jersey I am now in Toronto...so not a million miles from you. We don't have many members in your neck of the woods...a member who no longer posts on BE and a new member...but we do have a few who live in Upstate NY...to the east of you.

I have bought property in the UK...so if I can be of help please let me know. As Old Sparkles said post in the MBTTUK forums...plenty of expats who have bought property in the UK post in the MBTTUK forums.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

culloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond reputeculloden13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi and welcome to BE.

After 18 years in New Jersey I am now in Toronto...so not a million miles from you. We don't have many members in your neck of the woods...a member who no longer posts on BE and a new member...but we do have a few who live in Upstate NY...to the east of you.

I have bought property in the UK...so if I can be of help please let me know. As Old Sparkles said post in the MBTTUK forums...plenty of expats who have bought property in the UK post in the MBTTUK forums.
Hi Jerseygirl thanks for your post I was wondering what you do about taxes and such when you buy a property in UK I am a permanent resident of the USA but would like to go back to UK to live when i get older and also how do i go about getting a mortgage? Its awful cold in Syaracuse Much colder than Inverness!
Old Mar 25th 2014, 8:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jerseygirl thanks for your post I was wondering what you do about taxes and such when you buy a property in UK I am a permanent resident of the USA but would like to go back to UK to live when i get older and also how do i go about getting a mortgage? Its awful cold in Syaracuse Much colder than Inverness!
Taxes? Do you mean property taxes? Sorry I can't help you with a mortgage...it may be difficult as you will not actually be living in her UK. Ask in the MBTTUK forum...perhaps someone there will be able to help you.