Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Can they do this?

Can they do this?

Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

chrissy43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can they do this?

I worked in Egypt for a Brit company for over 2 years. They deducted 'hypotax' at the going UK rate. I then left the company but did not return to the UK. I have now retired to Bulgaria. I claimed my tax back from Inland revenue via the payroll company used by my employer, and out of 22,000 GBP refunded my ex company creamed off 12,000, over 50%. This was for 2006/2007 and 2007/2008. I have now claimed for 2008/2009 and have been 'refunded 1880 GBP of which 37 was deducted from my pension and which I will receive back but my ex company will keep the remainder. Can they do this? It looks like theft to me. I need advice.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 7:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can they do this?

Welcome to BE...but this is the welcome section to introduce yourself.

You might have more luck with your question posting in the Moving Back to UK section of the site, or possibly the lounge, but I'd start with MBTUK first.