Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

California bound

California bound

Old Oct 21st 2013, 5:19 pm

Flopsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default California bound

Hi all!
My name is laura, my family call me flops which explains my name. I'm not a huge peter rabbit fan truth be told.
I'm currently going through the k1 fiance visa process. It has been a pain in the arse to be completely honest! But, finger crossed, we aren't far from finished. And then it's farewell England, hello California.
My friends are all quiet jealous of the sunshine and surfing but I'm just concerned with where I'll be able to purchase double deckers from and the fact I'll be months behind everyone on the downton drama!
Hopefully, I'll be able to meet some fellow brits on here to keep me sarcastic and tea loving so my mother won't disown me when I return home for visits.
Anyone in the southern California area? I'll be living in Huntington Beach, not the gated communities though, the other side of the town...
Old Oct 21st 2013, 5:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: California bound

Hi and welcome to BE!

A fair number of folks in Southern CA....and you'll find a way to get Brit tele easily enough, plenty of info on that across BE too
Old Oct 21st 2013, 6:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Have a view of the US forums both for info on Brits in California and how-tos on the K-1 and subsequent marriage and filing for adjustment of status.

We also have a meetup site there to look through. Lots of Brits in the California area.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 8:07 pm

Flopsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I've already been bugging the people on the marriage visa part of the forum. That was my first stop and part of why I signed up. Figured it might be easier than trying to de-code the embassy website.
My sister made a great group of friends from a forum so I'm hoping I will be able to do the same on here. Don't get me wrong, I love my american friends but there's something different about how I can relate to them and how I can relate to a brit... my sarcasm just offends most americans!
Old Oct 25th 2013, 5:52 pm
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

Howdy Flops Welcome in advance.

If CA can't take the sarcasm there's always Cleveland

Pete
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary