Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Buying in Spain or Turkey, grateful for advice

Buying in Spain or Turkey, grateful for advice

Old Oct 19th 2013, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Jim4Sun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying in Spain or Turkey, grateful for advice

Hi, we are a couple in our late 40's we are looking to buy a flat or apartment in either Spain or Turkey. This is mainly just for us, not to rent out. Our original preference was Turkey (probably Altinkum) but the problem is you cant get cheap flights there so will cost a lot to go over there, however the cost of living is cheap. So we now looking at Spain as flights cheaper but then cost of living more.
We would love to hear from people who have bought in either countries for the pros and cons.
Also if we decide on Spain we want to live with ex pats (I know, how predictable!) in the south, what areas are best?
Your advice will be appreciated, thanks, Jim and Jayne
Old Oct 19th 2013, 9:40 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying in Spain or Turkey, grateful for advice

Originally Posted by Jim4Sun
Hi, we are a couple in our late 40's we are looking to buy a flat or apartment in either Spain or Turkey. This is mainly just for us, not to rent out. Our original preference was Turkey (probably Altinkum) but the problem is you cant get cheap flights there so will cost a lot to go over there, however the cost of living is cheap. So we now looking at Spain as flights cheaper but then cost of living more.
We would love to hear from people who have bought in either countries for the pros and cons.
Also if we decide on Spain we want to live with ex pats (I know, how predictable!) in the south, what areas are best?
Your advice will be appreciated, thanks, Jim and Jayne
Hi Both and welcome to BE

You would probably be best to post this in the country forums -

Spain : http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Turkey : http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Hopefully you'll be able to get some advice but if I can help in anyway, just shout
Old Oct 19th 2013, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Jim4Sun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks old.sparkles Im just starting to find my way round here, ive now posted on the Spain and Turkey threads. Cheers.
Old Oct 19th 2013, 10:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim4Sun
Thanks old.sparkles Im just starting to find my way round here, ive now posted on the Spain and Turkey threads. Cheers.
No worries