Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying an apartment in Valencia, Spain

Buying an apartment in Valencia, Spain

Old Oct 20th 2014, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

jhmorgan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying an apartment in Valencia, Spain

Hello, title says it all. I am not planning to live permanently in Valencia (city), I want to buy a 2-3 bedroom apartment for winter sun and for use by my family and friends.
I was hoping for some advice from some expats who either live there, have lived there, or have some other useful experience and advice they can offer.

If there is anyone out there who is reading this and can help with advice, I would be grateful. I will post further details if I get any replies.

Thank you, John
Old Oct 20th 2014, 7:09 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying an apartment in Valencia, Spain

HI and Wecome to BE

best place for this sort of advice would be in the Spanish forum. http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/

pop on over and have a chat with the members on there.

good luck

Last edited by MrsFychan; Oct 20th 2014 at 7:11 pm. Reason: added forum link
Old Oct 21st 2014, 1:24 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello John. Welcome to the forum
Old Nov 1st 2014, 10:03 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jhmorgan
Hello, title says it all. I am not planning to live permanently in Valencia (city), I want to buy a 2-3 bedroom apartment for winter sun and for use by my family and friends.
I was hoping for some advice from some expats who either live there, have lived there, or have some other useful experience and advice they can offer.

If there is anyone out there who is reading this and can help with advice, I would be grateful. I will post further details if I get any replies.

Thank you, John
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

In your position I would visit for a couple of weeks and get on Airbnb to make some bookings. Stay in apartments you like the look of and talk to the owners. Nightly rates aren't bad and you can learn a lot about apartment living in Valencia this way.

Originally Posted by jhmorgan

Thank you, John