Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Busy mummy moving to Dubai!

Busy mummy moving to Dubai!

Old Jul 6th 2013, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Taysiio is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Busy mummy moving to Dubai!

I am a trying to prepare for our big move to Dubai later this year! It is extremely exciting and I cannot wait but need to stay in London for a few more months. I will be moving with my two year old boy, and we'll be joining my husband who's already working in Dubai.

It would be great to get to know other mummies and learn about their experiences, recommendations and suggestions for living in Dubai with a small kid.

I'm also looking for a new job, can anyone recommend any reliable recruitment firms for the Middle East?

But most importantly I just would like to get to know new people, find new friends, people who are just like me, new to the UAE, or who lived there for years and have tonnes of invaluable advice to share!

I, on the other hand, can offer loads of advice on living in Poland...I was born there and lived on the coast for over 20 years before moving to the UK.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 12:17 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Busy mummy moving to Dubai!

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Thanks for introducing yourself in the Welcome Inn

Do check out the Middle East section of the forum. That's the best place for any questions re Dubai. You'll find plenty of Dubai residents in there to assist you. Hope your move goes well.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 4:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck with the move!

Definitely have a nose around the ME section of BE though as there are a lot of mums about as well as a jobs sub forum and a lot of info in the wiki for the region
Old Jul 7th 2013, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

One of the great things about the ME is that it is still possible, if your spouse is in a reasonable job, to be a full-time mother.