Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

British gentleman moving to Canada in under 2 months! - Any help would be awesome!

British gentleman moving to Canada in under 2 months! - Any help would be awesome!

Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Krish_Canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British gentleman moving to Canada in under 2 months! - Any help would be awesome!

Hi, I just signed up. My name is Krish, I am a freelance film editor and producer and I am looking for some help and just to make some connections. I am going to uproot my life soon and try and have a go of it in Toronto. I recently applied and succeeded in securing an IEC visa / Working Holiday Visa. My main concern at the moment is:

1) Shipping my things over. (A few boxes of clothes 2 x Plastic Ikea containers, and plastic Ikea boxes containing my electronics and equipment as well as possibly an iMac in the longer term.) Anyone know any good shipping companies from UK to Canada for a few items?

2) Healthcare!! I am flying to Canada in September for a period of 2 months initially to try and get any initial paperwork on the way. Can anyone recommenced a good way to get long term health coverage for a British person under my kind of visa?

Thank you and hello!

Krish

Last edited by Krish_Canada; Jul 19th 2017 at 10:30 am.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 3:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British gentleman moving to Canada in under 2 months! - Any help would be awesome

Good morning and welcome to the world of the British Expats

Thank you for your detailed introduction. Sounds like you are in for a new adventure. One I'm sure you will enjoy.

For all things Canadian, I suggest that after a brief read of the site rules linked above on the beige bar you have a read of the Canadian forums here Canada - British Expats

Your myriad of questions will be answered by the lovely expats who have made Canada their own in all of the various provinces.

Best wishes on your new adventure.