Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Brit Leaving Greece to Return Home

Brit Leaving Greece to Return Home

Old Jan 15th 2011, 8:59 am
Just Joined

anniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really nice
Post Brit Leaving Greece to Return Home

Never posted before so hope I get this right.
Finally made my decision to return after 10years and desperately need help and advice on just about EVERYTHING from leaving to arriving!
I'm 63 years old and single bringing just one of my darling cats with me and wanting to relocate around the Cheshire region.
I really would like help on how to use the Forum first in case I break rules...all a bit daunting.

Oh and a very Happy New Year and good luck in 2011 to everyone whatever your weather...good, bad or just plain ugly for some.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:35 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit Leaving Greece to Return Home

So your cats will become Cheshire Cats then!

Hi Annie and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

We have a moving back to the UK forum here. Have a look in there and some of your questions may be answered on diffferent threads. If not, make a new thread and post your quesions there.

Enjoy B.E.

Alistair.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 12:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anniewilson10
Never posted before so hope I get this right.
Finally made my decision to return after 10years and desperately need help and advice on just about EVERYTHING from leaving to arriving!
I'm 63 years old and single bringing just one of my darling cats with me and wanting to relocate around the Cheshire region.
I really would like help on how to use the Forum first in case I break rules...all a bit daunting.

Oh and a very Happy New Year and good luck in 2011 to everyone whatever your weather...good, bad or just plain ugly for some.
Hi there Annie...welcome to BE.

I spent Christmas in Cheshire...it's where I lived before moving to the US. What part of Cheshire are you hoping to move to?

Moving back home after living overseas for many years is daunting isn't it...especially if your moving back alone? Going back is something many expats think of as they begin to reach retirement age...so you are not alone.

I'll give you a few links to start you on your way. We have an excellent Moving Back To The UK Forum...if you read through some of the threads in both forums I think you will find a wealth of information. I also suggest you take a look in the BE Wiki.

I think you would find this thread very useful...50's & 60's thread Part I. The thread is now closed and a follow on thread has been opened 50's and 60's thread Part II...but I think the first thread contains the most useful information.

This thread contains some lovely photos of Chester...the Chester pics start at post no 94.

If your worried about breaking the Site Rules...take a read through the link I have given you...then you should be OK. If you have any problems please give myself or any moderator a shout and we will help you. It's also a good idea to read any 'stickied' threads that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 15th 2011 at 1:13 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jan 15th 2011, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

anniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really niceanniewilson10 is just really nice

Thanks for your lovely welcome all. Have started on 50"s & 60's thread Part 1 and had a laugh and a bit of a cry and gathered some helpful info but still trawling through

Guess my situation not really covered so I'll start a new thread I think.

Jerseygirl...thank you so much....family in Bramhall so drawing huge circle round there. Don't want to live on doorstep but it's pretty and accessible.

Alistair...Cheshire cat
Old Jan 15th 2011, 3:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your lovely welcome all. Have started on 50"s & 60's thread Part 1 and had a laugh and a bit of a cry and gathered some helpful info but still trawling through

Jerseygirl...thank you so much....family in Bramhall so drawing huge circle round there. Don't want to live on doorstep but it's pretty and accessible.

Alistair...Cheshire cat
Small world...I used to live on the border of Bramhall and Cheadle Hulme...just off Acre Lane.

Please give me a shout if you have a problem with anything.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Know it well...and thank you
Old Jan 15th 2011, 3:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Know it well...and thank you
George Best used to live down the road. There was always a crowd of females outside his house.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 4:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yia sou anniewilson10, we left Greece about 7 years ago now, but we landed in the US instead of the UK. I still miss my Greek kitties.

It will be a big change, but I'll bet you will always cherish the adventure you've had over the past 10 years.
Safe travels!
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:19 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Alistair...Cheshire cat
Hi annie ....another welcome from me and a little tip....try using the search facility for specific info on the moving back forum, previous threads / posts will be revealed, might save you a bit of time
B x
Old Jan 16th 2011, 1:53 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Annie, and all the best in your big move back to ol' Blighty.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:10 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

So tell us about your time in Greece.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Aaah...so much to tell and so little time at the moment.

Exceptionally hot in summer...40's from June to Sept this year...unusual but unbearable.

Have a huge love/hate relationship with Greece. One quote I love... "a Greek is someone who gives you a glass of wine with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other"....

At this moment in time we're having yet another horrendous thunderstorm. 6 hours the other night....but it's winter!

Off to eat before the electricity dies...