Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Brit Guy wants to move to Canada

Brit Guy wants to move to Canada

Old Nov 27th 2010, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

craigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nice
Wink Brit Guy wants to move to Canada

Hi Guys,

I've just been living in Halifax for 5 months and was all set to move but my Canadian GF split.
I still want to move to Canada but not sure where and what to do about the job situation. I'm a 27 year old service/installation engineer.

Any help or advice would be great.

Hope to speak soon

Craig
Old Nov 27th 2010, 4:35 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit Guy wants to move to Canada

Hi Craig,

I see you have found your way to our Canada forum. I'm sure that you will find out lots of tips and pointers there. Our members are really great at sharing experiences, and I've no doubt that they will be able to give you some suggestions.

The moderators for the Canada forum are Christmasoompa and Iaink and the Conceirges are AmyDavid and The Aviator, so don't hesitate to ask them, or myself, any time if you have any site questions. We've also got a Site Feedback forum where you can post questions, concerns or suggestions.

If you haven't done so already may I suggest you also read our great Wiki. BE members contribute to it and it's packed full of interesting info about living in and moving to Canada.

Sue
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craigymalc
Hi Guys,

I've just been living in Halifax for 5 months and was all set to move but my Canadian GF split.
I still want to move to Canada but not sure where and what to do about the job situation. I'm a 27 year old service/installation engineer.

Any help or advice would be great.

Hope to speak soon

Craig
Hi Craig...welcome to BE.

I'm sorry to hear you've split with your girlfriend...hopefully you will find a way to live in Canada on your own merits. The lovely folk who frequent our Canada forums will give you advice and a friendly should to cry on if needed.

The best of luck...please shout out if you need any help.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

craigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nicecraigymalc is just really nice

Thanks for the advice girls, sorry took so long to reply!! Finding lots of help and advice from great people
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:49 am
Banned

wonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nice

You're an Engineer?

You won't have a problem finding work in Canada, skilled workers fit in well and are required, especially Engineers. I have Engineering friends here and in UK and my UK ones I keep trying to encourage over here, for some reason they won't leave the UK. But the one who is here who I came across while here, has had no problems with work and has fit in very well.