Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Brit girl about to move to the USA

Brit girl about to move to the USA

Old Aug 28th 2011, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

HighlandScott is a jewel in the roughHighlandScott is a jewel in the roughHighlandScott is a jewel in the roughHighlandScott is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Brit girl about to move to the USA

Originally Posted by frambuesas
I can imagine the pain is pretty bad, but being able to work is nigh on essential. Do you have a definite date yet?

I've only ever heard of being stamped okay to work in NC, and I've heard it twice, but I won't be holding my breath!
Yes it's very hard being apart for so long, but at least we do manage to see each other every 3 months or so- alternating who takes a trip to UK or USA. We're on the home stretch now though. She's coming to the UK in Oct for a short holiday then I hope to move to the US for good in Nov. No definite date yet but our case has just completed at the NVC in the US and next week I should get my interview date (hopefully for some time in Oct) for the US Embassy in London. Assuming all goes well with that (should do) I'll be off a couple of weeks after.

I'm curious, what sort of photography are you in to? Or all sorts? I'm getting more into it but have yet to get decent equipment. I spend a lot of time in the Scottish mountains and take tons of pics along the way (here's a few). When I get to the US I hope to get a good SLR and get more into photography.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice

Originally Posted by HighlandScott
Yes it's very hard being apart for so long, but at least we do manage to see each other every 3 months or so- alternating who takes a trip to UK or USA. We're on the home stretch now though. She's coming to the UK in Oct for a short holiday then I hope to move to the US for good in Nov. No definite date yet but our case has just completed at the NVC in the US and next week I should get my interview date (hopefully for some time in Oct) for the US Embassy in London. Assuming all goes well with that (should do) I'll be off a couple of weeks after.

I'm curious, what sort of photography are you in to? Or all sorts? I'm getting more into it but have yet to get decent equipment. I spend a lot of time in the Scottish mountains and take tons of pics along the way (here's a few). When I get to the US I hope to get a good SLR and get more into photography.
Wow, what a stunning collection of pictures! The landscapes are amazing. I do love Scotland; only been a few times but loved it very much. I do all sorts of photography and have an internship arranged with a studio photographer in NC (unpaid, of course, but it's such a great start!). My website has most of my stuff on it.

It's great that you guys get to see each other so regularly - must cost a bomb, though! Do you not have to go for a medical, or is it straight through to the interview for you? November isn't too long away, and with her holiday in October, I am sure it will fly by - as much as it can!
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:21 am
Just Joined

HighlandScott is a jewel in the roughHighlandScott is a jewel in the roughHighlandScott is a jewel in the roughHighlandScott is a jewel in the rough

Thanks. But your pics - wow! Great stuff. I've just had a scan through your blog and flickr. Such variety- you can clearly turn your lens (other limb!) to pretty much anything. Good luck with making a career out of it, you look to be well on the way already.

Yes, our trips aren't cheap....especially with flights almost doubling over the last 18mth but what can you do! That's right I do have a medical- I've already got that set up for Sep in London (you have to use the Embassys approved Doctor there). So, before I jet off to the US I've got 2 round trips to London to get out of the way first Just happy to be at that stage now though
Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice

Thanks. But your pics - wow! Great stuff. I've just had a scan through your blog and flickr. Such variety- you can clearly turn your lens (other limb!) to pretty much anything. Good luck with making a career out of it, you look to be well on the way already.

Yes, our trips aren't cheap....especially with flights almost doubling over the last 18mth but what can you do! That's right I do have a medical- I've already got that set up for Sep in London (you have to use the Embassys approved Doctor there). So, before I jet off to the US I've got 2 round trips to London to get out of the way first Just happy to be at that stage now though
Well thank you very much indeed!

How has the rest of the application gone? Are you still set to be coming over in November? Or are you already here?!

Sorry for the delay in replying; after the interview and then moving over here, everything went a bit crazy.

Hope everything is good your end, and you are with your wife again for good.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Everything went GREAT! I am here now - came over for good at the end of October. All settled in now and just about to start looking for work.

No worries about any delay. I've lost track of emails and internet world recently for the same reason. I have spotted some of your Facebook posts here and there - some great pics/projects you've been getting into

So good to be at the end of all the immigration stuff and be settled with my wife. I hope all is going smoothly with your big move too
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Everything went GREAT! I am here now - came over for good at the end of October. All settled in now and just about to start looking for work.

No worries about any delay. I've lost track of emails and internet world recently for the same reason. I have spotted some of your Facebook posts here and there - some great pics/projects you've been getting into

So good to be at the end of all the immigration stuff and be settled with my wife. I hope all is going smoothly with your big move too
Oh wow, that is wonderful. So happy for the two of you - and great that you can start looking for work now, too!

Thanks so much for looking at my stuff, and for being so kind about it. I'm interning with a local photographer here in Charlotte, so it's all been very exciting.

Hope the job hunt goes well - and hey, add me on Facebook if you're on there! Would be nice to keep in touch.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, and all the best for your wedding in a few weeks- how exciting!!

It would be great to keep in touch - I've added you (your personal page) on FB. I was already following your MOL page.