Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

A Brit in the Czech Republic - Just to say Hello!

A Brit in the Czech Republic - Just to say Hello!

Old Nov 20th 2011, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Corum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Brit in the Czech Republic - Just to say Hello!

Dear British Expats forum,

Just to say hello, I am 31 years old and since last year I have been living and working in Prague, in the Czech Republic. I really like the relaxed way of life here and the Czechs strike me as a friendly bunch - if you are prepared to embarrass yourself by trying to talk a little Czech to them first

I am married to a Russian Lady, and we have a three week old baby boy who was born here in the CZ, our plan is to stay here and build up some savings, and eventually move back to that green and pleasant land, the UK.

I will be needing a lot of advice about official document translations, passports, British visa's etc, so I hope you guys will not mind me asking a lot of questions

In return I can offer some advice from my experience in the past year here, marriages between UK and Russian's in Czech, and where to find Gluten Free food in the land of Beer and Dumplings

Thanks in advance for any help you can share with me.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 8:30 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Brit in the Czech Republic - Just to say Hello!

Hi Corum

First of all welcome to BE and congratulations on the arrival of the little man.

I think you would benefit greatly from checking out our 'Moving Back to the UK' forum,which you will find by clicking on the 'forum index' tab on the top left of this page, scroll down and double click on the 'moving back to the UK' title and you're in.
There are lots of folks posting on there who are either in the process of moving or have done so, and they will be able to help with advice and information to help you. And don't worry ask all the questions you want.

We also have a general Europe forum which you may wish to have a look at and chat with other folk who are living in the CZ. You will also find this on the main forum index.

In the meantime all the best with your plans.

Dread - x
Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:51 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Corum... big welcome to the forum. The Czechs are great people, aren't they, and I hear that the beer is great too...cheers
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Corum is an unknown quantity at this point

:-)

Thanks for your replies and kind welcomes. I will start making some postings.

Matt
Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corum
Dear British Expats forum,

Just to say hello, I am 31 years old and since last year I have been living and working in Prague, in the Czech Republic. I really like the relaxed way of life here and the Czechs strike me as a friendly bunch - if you are prepared to embarrass yourself by trying to talk a little Czech to them first

I am married to a Russian Lady, and we have a three week old baby boy who was born here in the CZ, our plan is to stay here and build up some savings, and eventually move back to that green and pleasant land, the UK.

I will be needing a lot of advice about official document translations, passports, British visa's etc, so I hope you guys will not mind me asking a lot of questions

In return I can offer some advice from my experience in the past year here, marriages between UK and Russian's in Czech, and where to find Gluten Free food in the land of Beer and Dumplings

Thanks in advance for any help you can share with me.
Hello...welcome aboard and congratulations on the birth of your son.

As Dread suggested taking a look around the General Europe forum would be a good place for you to start your journey with us.

We have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around the forums if you get a little lost. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Complaints or problems should be addressed to a moderator...Mitzyboy is the mod for the Europe forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary