Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Bringing my husband to Texas from Wales

Bringing my husband to Texas from Wales

Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Kristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to all
Default Bringing my husband to Texas from Wales

Hello! My name is Kristie and I joined this forum today finally after MONTHS of lurking and getting information.

I'm newly married to my favorite person on the planet. We met in the US November 2009 and have been commuting between Texas and Wales ever since. We got married last month in Wales and are just now starting the immigration process.

I thought it might be nice to join a group of my peers who are going through or have gone through this process. We are doing the immigration ourselves instead of using an attorney and I bet I'll have a million questions along the way.

I'd love any advice or tips to help make this process as smooth as possible if you've got anything to share.

Thank you!
Old Sep 6th 2012, 10:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing my husband to Texas from Wales

Originally Posted by Kristie999
Hello! My name is Kristie and I joined this forum today finally after MONTHS of lurking and getting information.

I'm newly married to my favorite person on the planet. We met in the US November 2009 and have been commuting between Texas and Wales ever since. We got married last month in Wales and are just now starting the immigration process.

I thought it might be nice to join a group of my peers who are going through or have gone through this process. We are doing the immigration ourselves instead of using an attorney and I bet I'll have a million questions along the way.

I'd love any advice or tips to help make this process as smooth as possible if you've got anything to share.

Thank you!
Hello Kristie... to BE.

I have already replied to your other thread in the US forums. Where in Wales does your husband live? I lived just over the border in North Wales for a while before moving to the US.

Once again welcome.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Kristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello Kristie... to BE.

I have already replied to your other thread in the US forums. Where in Wales does your husband live? I lived just over the border in North Wales for a while before moving to the US.

Once again welcome.
Hi! Thanks for the welcome.

He lives near Denbigh and has for several years. Where in N. Wales did you live?
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and congrats!

As long as you're got your taxes done, the OH doesn't have any convictions etc, it's a pretty simple, if slow process, but the wiki here is great for all the info you'll need to get you going
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! Thanks for the welcome.

He lives near Denbigh and has for several years. Where in N. Wales did you live?
Rossett...Nr Chester and Wrexham.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Rossett...Nr Chester and Wrexham.
I spent time in Wrexham recently because that's where we had to go to annoucd our marriage intentions. My Grandmother (doing genealogy research while there visiting for the wedding) spent time in the library there, too.

I love Chester, it's a lovely place!
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I spent time in Wrexham recently because that's where we had to go to annoucd our marriage intentions. My Grandmother (doing genealogy research while there visiting for the wedding) spent time in the library there, too.

I love Chester, it's a lovely place!
Small world.

I love Chester too...moved to the area when I got married many years ago.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 6:43 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 7th 2012, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Thank you, Rosemary!
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
Hiya and welcome! I wanted to say hello and wish you all the best with your plans. I'm curious... did your husband already have a visa or something or was he here as a visitor? I'm curious because Bob the moderator said the process is easy enough... just time consuming. Did you apply under the new family migration rules or does that not apply for some reason? I'm curious because my wife is from New Hampshire in the USA and we're planning to move back to the UK together asap.

Cheers, M
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE and congrats!

As long as you're got your taxes done, the OH doesn't have any convictions etc, it's a pretty simple, if slow process, but the wiki here is great for all the info you'll need to get you going
Bob... isn't the current wiki for bringing in a spouse still the old regulations? When will it be updated to the current regulations? Thanks, M
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by MrMuffin
Bob... isn't the current wiki for bringing in a spouse still the old regulations? When will it be updated to the current regulations? Thanks, M
MrMuffin if you wish to discuss spouse visas please open a thread in the US Marriage Visa forum as this forum is for introductions only. You will get a much better response to your question in that forum. Thank you and good luck.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin if you wish to discuss spouse visas please open a thread in the US Marriage Visa forum as this forum is for introductions only. You will get a much better response to your question in that forum. Thank you and good luck.
OK will do. I am actually more involved in the MBTTUK forum, but thank you!
Old Sep 8th 2012, 4:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrMuffin
Hiya and welcome! I wanted to say hello and wish you all the best with your plans. I'm curious... did your husband already have a visa or something or was he here as a visitor? I'm curious because Bob the moderator said the process is easy enough... just time consuming. Did you apply under the new family migration rules or does that not apply for some reason? I'm curious because my wife is from New Hampshire in the USA and we're planning to move back to the UK together asap.

Cheers, M
The OP is talking about immigrating from Wales to the US. The rules have not changed this direction and it is easy, just time consuming.

You are talking about moving from the US to the UK, a very different kettle of fish.

You're best off asking in the Yankee-UK forum rather than on BE, or reading the info in the Moving Back to UK forum here.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob
The OP is talking about immigrating from Wales to the US. The rules have not changed this direction and it is easy, just time consuming.

You are talking about moving from the US to the UK, a very different kettle of fish.

You're best off asking in the Yankee-UK forum rather than on BE, or reading the info in the Moving Back to UK forum here.
Sorry I totally misread the OP original message. My apologies!! Good luck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.