Big leap

Old Jul 6th 2016, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Traciebaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Big leap

Hi everyone my name is Tracie and I along with my hubby and 14 year old daughter have just taken the decision to move to Spain.

Not sure where to start really .

We will be retiring so don't need work but was wondering if anyone had any tips in the best place to consider which would be ideal for schooling with our daughter.

We were thinking of moving over for a year and renting .

I have seen a property I have fallen in love with in Murcia but we are a little weary about buying until we know we will settle .

Any advice 😀
Old Jul 6th 2016, 7:07 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big leap

Originally Posted by Traciebaz
Hi everyone my name is Tracie and I along with my hubby and 14 year old daughter have just taken the decision to move to Spain.

We will be retiring so don't need work but was wondering if anyone had any tips in the best place to consider which would be ideal for schooling with our daughter.

I have seen a property I have fallen in love with in Murcia but we are a little weary about buying until we know we will settle .

Any advice 😀
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Post again on the dedicated Spain forum, there are plenty of folk who can advise, particularly on healthcare coverage if you aren't in receipt of a UK State Pension and aren't working. There's also the question of a 14-year-old being thrown in at the deep end in a Spanish State school. The general consensus in Continental Europe is that a foreign adolescent with no knowledge of the language/culture of the country would best finish their education in an International School.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 7:13 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice 😀
That is the very best way to start your living in Spain, find out whether you like it or not.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 1:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice � ����
Welcome to BE.

IMO renting for a year or so is a great idea. We were looking to buy a house just before we moved to the US. We then decided to rent and lived there for 2 years. Thank goodness we did because the house we were interested in would have been in the wrong location for us.

Do take a look around our Spain forums. You are bound to get help and advice from our members living in Spain.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 5:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

As other people have said please pop into the Spain forum and ask your questions because there are a lot of very knowledgeable folk there.

Rosemary