Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Back from Blighty

Back from Blighty

Old Jan 17th 2011, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

MadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back from Blighty

Not been on here for a while, had Christmas and New Year in Scotland and followed it up by moving out of my house over there.

So great to see everyone back home and eat fantastic food! Life over there really isn't worse than here (apart from petrol costs!!), just different.

Moving was an epic though, the street was completely frozen and had approximately a foot of snow on top (which then froze!) Our poor removal men couldn't get the container down the street so that had to ferry all the stuff to it in a removal van. It's quite weird to think that our possessions are now packed in 457 boxes in a giant orange container.

Now I just have to find a house to put them in!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back from Blighty

Headed back in two weeks... can't wait for a decent bacon sandwich, a curry and a kebab, not all together though
Old Jan 17th 2011, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Zap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to all

You could dip a bacon sarnie in chip chop curry sauce though As a starter - then you can have the kebab as your mains
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

MadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond repute

Eating was awesome as long as you didn't look at the cost. None of the blandness you get here. On my trip I managed to get through a couple of proper fish suppers, decent Indian x2, roast lamb, cullen skink (yum!!), fine roast beef, pork medallions, assorted pates, oatcakes and chutneys, homemade cheesecake, proper Christmas dinner, and a few great pub meals. Not all at the same time obviously!

Living away really makes you appreciate the great food you can get at home!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:16 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MadRad
Eating was awesome as long as you didn't look at the cost. None of the blandness you get here. On my trip I managed to get through a couple of proper fish suppers, decent Indian x2, roast lamb, cullen skink (yum!!), fine roast beef, pork medallions, assorted pates, oatcakes and chutneys, homemade cheesecake, proper Christmas dinner, and a few great pub meals. Not all at the same time obviously!

Living away really makes you appreciate the great food you can get at home!
If you had mentioned a kebab, my husband may have had to kill you out of food envy. LOL
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyTN
If you had mentioned a kebab, my husband may have had to kill you out of food envy. LOL
The local where I used to live do a great kebab and the garlic sauce it YUMMY! can't wait.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:48 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
The local where I used to live do a great kebab and the garlic sauce it YUMMY! can't wait.
Don't forget the gallon of ale as the mandatory amuse bouche...
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:29 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Hubby still dreams of the greasy kebab wagon around the corner from him. HA.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Headed back in two weeks... can't wait for a decent bacon sandwich, a curry and a kebab, not all together though
Exactly what I always go for when I get back too....Its becoming a bit of a annual tradition to get the bacon butty from the stand at Gatwick airport train station every time

I also add proper chipshop chips to that list as well.