Away from the Brr in Lancaster

Old Dec 14th 2012, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

sue allen is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Away from the Brr in Lancaster

Hi
I was born in Penang and moved to UK from 1972
I am UK citizen and have lived over there for 40 years

I am now back to this lovely warm thundery island which I definitely prefer to the cold wet UK in winter. 40 years of shopping for xmas pressies in freezing cold weather and having to put up with dry central heating atmosphere.
Now in Penang i have fresh air despite being a crowded place there is plenty of green space.

I am here for 4 months and intend to come back after the summer in UK
This is my trial run, before retiring here
Old Dec 14th 2012, 7:35 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Away from the Brr in Lancaster

Hi Sue

Welcome to BE............oh girl I really don't blame you escaping the grotty UK weather ...it is particularly grotty here right now and I shall be heading to the warmer climates of Goa very soon !!
We have a Malaysia forum, where your concierge is the very lovable Bakedbean. You will find this forum by clicking thee 'forum index' tab on the top left of this page, scroll down until you see the title 'Asia and far East' then click 'Malaysia' below that.

In the meantime enjoy the warmth and sunshine

Dread - x
Old Dec 15th 2012, 12:17 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Away from the Brr in Lancaster

Hi
Thanks for your welcome. I was not aware I was on a different forum as it was not very clearly marked but I am new to the site so it's good of you to point the way.
BTW is Goa's weather any better than here in Penang?
I love the just nice tropical warmth of Hawaii but one cannot have everything.
At least we are not being flooded a very dreadful situation for some UK people celebrating Xmas season in this state.
sue
Old Dec 15th 2012, 2:09 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue and a very warm to the forum.

Crikey, I'm wondering if I know you I'm living in Tanjung Tokong full time and into my 3rd year here. I have quite a few friends over in Bt Ferringhi so go over there from time to time.

The vast majority of my lady friends here are Penang born and have come back to retire on the island under the MM2H visa, and who can blame them. It's a great place.

Anyway, I see you've found the Malaysia section of the forum, so I'll continue our chat over there. If you get stuck on anything on the forum, just give me a shout.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 3:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 20th 2012, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rosemary for your pointers to the forum.I am still trying to get used to how find my way round this online forum.
I guess after a few more messages from replies i will get the hang of the system
Old Dec 20th 2012, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your kind help. Good to meet up with the members this tuesday.
I have not met many people since arriving in Penang so it was refreshing to see new faces.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 1:19 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue and good to meet you on Tuesday. The folks you met on Tuesday, apart from me , don't come on britishexpats forum as far as I know. Actually the lady who sat in between you and me (good forum etiquette not to mention names) does occasionally post on the Malaysia section on here - I'll have to give her a little nudge to post more often hehe

There's quite a good networking group of MM2Hers (retirees) in Penang and I'm sure you'll meet a lot more people soon. Think you're coming to the Christmas Do next Thursday with some of my chums? You'll meet others there - got 19 people going so far I think. I'll send you an email later about that.

Any general Malaysian chit-chat, feel free to start new threads in the Malaysia section.... quick link below.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=148

Last edited by bakedbean; Dec 21st 2012 at 1:25 am. Reason: forgot something......