Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

auvergne here I come!

auvergne here I come!

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

carolrobson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default auvergne here I come!

I'm about to move permanently to my little house (well, it's a bit of a shell at the moment) in the Auvergne, just south of Thiers. I can't wait - scared and excited in equal measures. I'm a teacher so no real chance of getting work in France so might have to skip off to Spain/Italy for a bit when the money runs out. I'm originally from the East End of London but went 'sarf' of the river when I met my (ex) husband, so based in and around Bexley for more than 30 years. Had enough of blighty - love where my house is and hope it all goes well. Would love to hear from anyone in the area (or elsewhere). x
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: auvergne here I come!

Good luck and welcome to BE
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:25 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolrobson
I'm about to move permanently to my little house (well, it's a bit of a shell at the moment) in the Auvergne, just south of Thiers. I can't wait - scared and excited in equal measures. I'm a teacher so no real chance of getting work in France so might have to skip off to Spain/Italy for a bit when the money runs out. I'm originally from the East End of London but went 'sarf' of the river when I met my (ex) husband, so based in and around Bexley for more than 30 years. Had enough of blighty - love where my house is and hope it all goes well. Would love to hear from anyone in the area (or elsewhere). x
Welcome, We all over in the France section
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:19 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy being part of our community. Be sure to pop over to the France forum and join in the conversations. Ka Ora! has posted a link in the post above.

If you have any questions about the site please don't hesitate to ask and we will help you in anyway that we can.

Sue
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolrobson
Hello and welcome.

Good luck moving to your new home...it sounds exciting.