Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Australian suburbs and job opportunities

Australian suburbs and job opportunities

Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

robjem2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian suburbs and job opportunities

Hi all, me and my gf have just had our visa granted which is a 176 skilled sponsored visa and we now have the daunting task of choosing a suburb and finding jobs.

We have been advised that point cook would be a good start and we would be grateful on any feedback from others that have made the move.

Also i am a plumber and gas fitter here in the UK and have been told that i need to apply for a licence on arrival and that i may have to do some gap training?? any help and advice on these matters would be appreciated thanks all
Old Mar 31st 2012, 3:25 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian suburbs and job opportunities

Hi Robjem

Welcome to BE.
We have a forum dedicated to expats living and working in Australia, which I recommend you check out so you can chat with other Brits who are already there and will likely be able to offer you lots of good advice and information to help you with the move and associated processes.
You will find this forum by clicking the 'forum index' tab on the top left of this page. Scroll down the list of countries and double click on Australia and you're in.
Just pop in and make a post there in the same way you did here and I am sure you will get plenty of responses with useful information to help your move go smoothly.
We also have a section called 'working abroad by profession' nwhich you will find on the forum index page in the section below all the listed countries - it may be worth checking in there too as there are sometimes job offers for Australia in there as well as forums for specific occupations.

I wish you all the very best with your plans

Dread - x
Old Mar 31st 2012, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robjem2012
Hi all, me and my gf have just had our visa granted which is a 176 skilled sponsored visa and we now have the daunting task of choosing a suburb and finding jobs.

We have been advised that point cook would be a good start and we would be grateful on any feedback from others that have made the move.

Also i am a plumber and gas fitter here in the UK and have been told that i need to apply for a licence on arrival and that i may have to do some gap training?? any help and advice on these matters would be appreciated thanks all

Hi RobJem and welcome to BE.

The Oz forums are this way...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Ask away in there and you'll get some answers.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 2:22 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary