Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Am applying for a certificate of entitlement right of Adobe

Am applying for a certificate of entitlement right of Adobe

Old Jan 13th 2018, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

foluke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am applying for a certificate of entitlement right of Adobe

My husband is British by birth we just applied and got my daughters British passport my husband and I had to pay for and under go a DNA test before the passport was granted . I now want to apply for a right of abode , we are not planning to relocate to the UK anytime soon just don't want to have to go through the rigour if we eventually do decide to relocate , I want to know with a British husband and our only child also a British daughter am I entitled to apply for a right of abode ?
Old Jan 13th 2018, 6:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am applying for a certificate of entitlement right of Adobe

Unless you are a Commonwealth citizen and married your husband before 1983 then you won't have an entitlement to Right of Abode simply by virtue of your marriage.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

foluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Unless you are a Commonwealth citizen and married your husband before 1983 then you won't have an entitlement to Right of Abode simply by virtue of your marriage.
We were married after 1983 I am a nigerian ( am guessing that makes me a commonwealth citizen if i can't apply for a right of abode what can I apply for? we are all in Nigeria
Old Jan 13th 2018, 7:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foluke
We were married after 1983 I am a nigerian ( am guessing that makes me a commonwealth citizen if i can't apply for a right of abode what can I apply for? we are all in Nigeria
You'll likely need to apply for a spouse visa when you want to move.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa