Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Ah, Hello from Minnesota

Ah, Hello from Minnesota

Old May 17th 2010, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

n0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nice
Default Ah, Hello from Minnesota

I just found this forum today. I moved here to Minnesota 23 1/2 years ago from Croydon. I will be taking my first trip back to Blighty in 13 years this July and am getting pretty excited to show my wife the country for the first time. I have no doubt that I will barely recognise the place upon my return. TTFN Chris
Old May 17th 2010, 5:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ah, Hello.

Originally Posted by n0uk
I just found this forum today. I moved here to Minnesota 23 1/2 years ago from Croydon. I will be taking my first trip back to Blighty in 13 years this July and am getting pretty excited to show my wife the country for the first time. I have no doubt that I will barely recognise the place upon my return. TTFN Chris

Hi Chris and welcome.

Gosh you must be really excited after 13 years. The longest time I spent away from the UK was 6 1/2 years...nothing much had changed to be honest...just an odd new building here and there. It's a very strange feeling because I found as soon as I left the airport in a rental car it all came back to me. It was as though I'd never been away...I slotted in as though I'd never left. Then I come back to the US and slot right back into my US life.

If you click here it will take you to our US forums. We have many members who are married to Americans and quite a few American members who post in there. So why don't you pop over there make yourself at home?

If you need any assistance finding your way around please don't hesitate to give a mod or admin a shout...there's usually one of us around 24/7.
Old May 17th 2010, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

n0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nicen0uk is just really nice

Excited indeed! Thanks for the warm welcome.. I had seen the US sub-forum earlier and expect to frequent there. I came upon this website actually whilst googling around for British TV sites. My wife and I have become hooked on the latest series of Lewis and apparently as it's been announced that the shows will be released on DVD at the end of the month, UKNova have now dropped carrying the recordings. Just have to wait until PBS airs them (hopefully soon!). All the best. Chris
Old May 17th 2010, 6:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Excited indeed! Thanks for the warm welcome.. I had seen the US sub-forum earlier and expect to frequent there. I came upon this website actually whilst googling around for British TV sites. My wife and I have become hooked on the latest series of Lewis and apparently as it's been announced that the shows will be released on DVD at the end of the month, UKNova have now dropped carrying the recordings. Just have to wait until PBS airs them (hopefully soon!). All the best. Chris
After you've made another post I will send you a private message with an alternative. You have to make at least 3 posts before you can use our private messaging system.
Old May 17th 2010, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

That's very kind of you. Thanks.
Old May 17th 2010, 7:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

And you can find Lewis on other sites so don't worry
Old May 18th 2010, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Bob.

I received a suggestion to another site that did indeed have Sunday evening's episode - all good stuff!

Chris
Old May 19th 2010, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

srefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of light

Will you be heading back to Croydon?

You'll def not recognise the place, especially th stupid one way system around Centrale!

I used to live nearish to there, and just the times between when I go and visit people there it seems different.
Old May 23rd 2010, 4:07 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ah, Hello from Minnesota

oh yes - Croydon has changed a lot in the last 10 years. I used to travel down the a23/m23 to Brighton a lot to see my parents and we went through croydon most of the time. Things were developing and changing a lot along that stretch of the road.
Old May 23rd 2010, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Oh yes Croydon has changed a lot in the last few years..how long are you visiting for - hopefully you'll be able to show your wife around London etc..

I see you are in Minnesota - are yo aware that there is a British expats group in the cities that meets quite regulary?
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

srefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of light

If you don't mind me asking, where did you used to live MsElui?

I'm guessing Bromley girl used to live in Bromley!

Wasn't expecting other people to have links with Croydon, although I don't know why, it's a big enough place. I don't know how well you guys know the area, but I was living in Wallington when I was at my closest to Croydon.