Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Advice, Moving schools from UK to Calagry

Advice, Moving schools from UK to Calagry

Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Graeme Rae is just really niceGraeme Rae is just really niceGraeme Rae is just really niceGraeme Rae is just really niceGraeme Rae is just really niceGraeme Rae is just really niceGraeme Rae is just really niceGraeme Rae is just really nice
Default Advice, Moving schools from UK to Calagry

I have two teenage girls both in educatuion in Abeerden Scotland, Can you give me any insight or good contacts to speak to in relation to moving then from Uk school system to calary. they would be enetering grade 11 & 9 in Autumn 2011. My concern is that it might be too big an ask!!

Graeme
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice, Moving schools from UK to Calagry

Originally Posted by Graeme Rae
I have two teenage girls both in educatuion in Abeerden Scotland, Can you give me any insight or good contacts to speak to in relation to moving then from Uk school system to calary. they would be enetering grade 11 & 9 in Autumn 2011. My concern is that it might be too big an ask!!

Graeme
Hello Graeme...welcome to BE.

I'm sorry I can't help you with your questions regarding moving to Canada because I live in the US but I can point you in the right direction. If you click here it will take you directly to the main index page of the Canada Forums. At the top you will see a list of sub forums...the first one is the Immigration Forum...please post all questions regarding the immigration process there. Many of our regular members who frequent that forum have immigration experience and they will help you through the process. The general forum is for topics related to Canada and the Maple Leaf forum is for general chit chat. Before you begin to post please read through all the sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of the forum's index page. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of information in there.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums please contact AmyDavid or The Aviator they are concierges for the Canada forums...they will act as your tour guides and guide you around the forums.

If you have any other problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 31st 2010 at 3:48 am.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Graeme, hope you are finding your way around and are getting the answers you need
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:00 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Graeme
Hi Graeme,

I see you have found your way to the Canada forum and I'm sure you will get lots of responses to your question.

I'm not in Canada, but wanted to stop by and say hi and welcome you to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Sue
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:31 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Graeme

I see my colleagues have pointed you in the right direction forum wise, whcih just leaves me to say Welcome to BE.
I hope you find the answers you seek, as well as some new friends on the Canada forums.

Good luck with your move

Dread - x
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:50 am
Just Joined

CalgaryTyke is just really niceCalgaryTyke is just really niceCalgaryTyke is just really niceCalgaryTyke is just really niceCalgaryTyke is just really niceCalgaryTyke is just really niceCalgaryTyke is just really niceCalgaryTyke is just really nice

Graeme
I live in Calgary and my kids (who were born here) are in Elementary school so I have little to no knowledge of High Schools here, but try this for starters: www.cbe.ab.ca
Old Sep 4th 2010, 2:32 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Calgary tyke

Welcome to BE, and may I be the first to say thank you for coming on board and offering another new member a contact they may find useful. That was really nice of you.

I hope you will also pop onto the Canada forum and introduce yourself and join in the fun of making friends in our cyber community. As you know the Calgary area you can probably offer more new members advice and tips to help them settle in.

Thanks again and hope to see more from you

Dread - x