Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

7 years an ex-pat

7 years an ex-pat

Old May 2nd 2010, 4:19 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 7 years an ex-pat

Hi

Been lurking around the forums on and off for a while, and thought I should sign up.

Shifted to NZ in 2003 with my husband and three children - originally just for a one year experience. Went through the whole work permit - PR - citizenship thing, with citizenship achieved in 2008.

Why 'Woodpigeon'? Well, native British birds are one of the, non-food, things that I miss the most, and as I child I used to wake up to the call of woodpigeons in the trees around my childhood home.

Not sure what I want from this site, but thought it might help me to touch base with people who have had the experience of moving overseas away from loved ones and all things familiar.
Old May 2nd 2010, 6:07 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 years an ex-pat

Welcome to you - I hope you find the forum good fun, interesting, annoying or boring or all of those.

At the moment I can hear pheasants and wood pigeons around where I live - neither of whom I consider to be non-food!!

Best!
Old May 2nd 2010, 2:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
Hi

Been lurking around the forums on and off for a while, and thought I should sign up.

Shifted to NZ in 2003 with my husband and three children - originally just for a one year experience. Went through the whole work permit - PR - citizenship thing, with citizenship achieved in 2008.

Why 'Woodpigeon'? Well, native British birds are one of the, non-food, things that I miss the most, and as I child I used to wake up to the call of woodpigeons in the trees around my childhood home.

Not sure what I want from this site, but thought it might help me to touch base with people who have had the experience of moving overseas away from loved ones and all things familiar.
Welcome to BE Woodpigeon...it's nice to meet you.

If you click on this link it will take you to the main page of the NZ Forums. Take a look at the Sheep Dip Forum...that's the place to go for general chit chat and don't forget to take a look at the Meet Up Forum.

The mods for the NZ forums are Bevs and Am Loolah. If you click on their names you will be directed to their profile page. Halfway down on the right hand side you will see 'Send a Private Message to xxxx'...you can use this to contact them. Although they are the NZ forum mods you can contact any mod or admin if you have problems...there is usually someone around 24/7.
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Woodpigeon

I'm based in Australia, but like you I miss the birdsong from the UK and certainly remember the Woodpigeon call .

Hope you find the forum useful and fun!
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:05 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Woodpigeon,

I am so happy you are no longer a lurker Welcome to BE. I'm sure you will make lots of friends here and as JerseyGirl has already mentioned, if you have any questions don't hesitate to give one of us a shout.

Sue
Old May 4th 2010, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Cthlyt is just really niceCthlyt is just really niceCthlyt is just really niceCthlyt is just really niceCthlyt is just really niceCthlyt is just really niceCthlyt is just really niceCthlyt is just really nice

Hello Woodpigeon
Delighted to meet you. I'm American, so I can't relate to everything you've mention. But the last lines of your post really touched my heart. And your frankness and directness made me laugh. I can't even explain what I miss most about home. I do hope that whatever your heart is yearning for can be found here, among friends. CHEERS!