Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

4 Years in Australia

4 Years in Australia

Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:28 am
Just Joined

tracybird is just really nicetracybird is just really nicetracybird is just really nicetracybird is just really nicetracybird is just really nicetracybird is just really nicetracybird is just really nicetracybird is just really nice
Default 4 Years in Australia

Hey

Just joined after being here on the gold coast for 4 years and feeling so isolated.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 Years in Australia

Hello Tracy...it's nice to meet you. Welcome to BE.

I'm sorry you're feeling isolated...many of us including myself know exactly what you mean. The good news is you've found our little expat community.

If you want to chat to people in Australia click here and it will take you to BE's Australia forums. We have many members living on the Gold Coast...you may make some real life friends. You may also be interested in joining in the banter in our Moving Back To The UK Forum. This is the forum where many homesick expats living in Australia hang out.

So make yourself a cuppa...make yourself comfortable and join in.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:50 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracybird
Hey

Just joined after being here on the gold coast for 4 years and feeling so isolated.
Please don't feel isoloted .... that's why BE is here. Started as a hobby 10 years ago to connect expats like yourself who sometimes feel a little adrift abroad.

We've got loads of members who've had good times, bad times, happy times, sad times, scary times and fun times. So I'm sure that you will be able to connect with other people who know exactly what you are going through.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and please give me a nudge if you have any site questions.

Sue
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:53 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracybird
Hey

Howdy, I'm going to go out on a limb a bit and suggest joining a sporting club.

I joined a cricket side almost immediately after I landed, the best thing I've done from a social point of view (apart from marrying the wife, obviously).

I get to have my Britishness AND my lack of sporting talent mocked every fortnight