Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

2016 transferred UK pension to RRSP Advise re taxes?

2016 transferred UK pension to RRSP Advise re taxes?

Old Mar 24th 2017, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

MadManc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2016 transferred UK pension to RRSP Advise re taxes?

We did our tax returns today and they seemed confused by the J60 form that we got from our financial institution, from the monies we transferred from UK pensions to our RRSP in 2016, sounds like we just got under the wire! We aren't sure if we can get a tax credit from this money or if they will try and get extra tax from us, has anyone got any advise? Getting mixed messages from online searches also?
Old Mar 25th 2017, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 transferred UK pension to RRSP Advise re taxes?

Welcome to BE.

As this forum is purely a 'Meet and Greet' forum you would be best to ask you questions over in our Canada forums. Most likely the Canada forum regulars will be able to help you.

Canada - British Expats

Please give me a shout if you have any site related problems.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

MadManc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I have re-posted it but how can I take it out of the Meet and Greet forum?
Old Mar 25th 2017, 10:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MadManc
Thank you! I have re-posted it but how can I take it out of the Meet and Greet forum?
Thank you. I will leave your post here that way other members may pop by to say hello.