Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

18 Year Old - Seeking U.S Employment

18 Year Old - Seeking U.S Employment

Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:54 am
Just Joined

TStanding is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 18 Year Old - Seeking U.S Employment

Basically, I have been talking to this girl from Colorado for a few years, I left my secondary school in 2011 and had a gap year and then went to college. I left college due to a serious bereavement which unfortunately affected all of my studies indirectly so I was just going to go back again however;

My friend from the U.S said she could maybe get her boss to vouch for me on a green card and I could get a job where she works and permanently work there. How viable is this and could somebody give me steps to which I should advance on?

Thanks, Tom.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:10 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 18 Year Old - Seeking U.S Employment

Hi Tom and welcome to the forum Thanks for introducing yourself in the Welcome Inn.

If you follow the link below, it will take you to the USA section of the forum. It's quite a lively area with lots of helpful folks to answer your questions. You will see that there is a sub-section entitled US Immigration and Visas. That may be of interest to you.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Hope everything works out for you
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:20 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TStanding
Basically, I have been talking to this girl from Colorado for a few years, I left my secondary school in 2011 and had a gap year and then went to college. I left college due to a serious bereavement which unfortunately affected all of my studies indirectly so I was just going to go back again however;

My friend from the U.S said she could maybe get her boss to vouch for me on a green card and I could get a job where she works and permanently work there. How viable is this and could somebody give me steps to which I should advance on?

Thanks, Tom.
Also, here is a Wiki that you need to read through. Suffice to say that it's a lot more complicated and difficult than having a company "vouch for" you.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to BE...but realistically, it's marriage or student visa or it's not happening for a rather long time.