Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

16 days to go! Vancouver Island BC-on our way

16 days to go! Vancouver Island BC-on our way

Old Jun 1st 2010, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Lisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really nice
Default 16 days to go! Vancouver Island BC-on our way

We're moving from West Sussex UK to Vancouver Island BC with our 3 dogs, goods and chattels to follow.
Already sorted a rented property and got our fingers crossed to find work, any work to start our new life.
Tony's originally from Jersey, Channel Islands & I grew up a forces brat.
We've both moved around quite alot and are looking forward to settling in beautiful BC!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 12:07 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 16 days to go!

Congratulations. I hope the move goes smoothly for you. Exciting times ahead!!! Best of luck!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 12:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa and Tony
We're moving from West Sussex UK to Vancouver Island BC with our 3 dogs, goods and chattels to follow.
Already sorted a rented property and got our fingers crossed to find work, any work to start our new life.
We've both moved around quite alot and are looking forward to settling in beautiful BC!
Hello Lisa and Tony...welcome to BE.

When are you moving? I presume it must be soon if you've already secured a rental property.

We have a large group of lovely expats who post in our Canada Forums...many of them live in the BC area. If you click on this link it will direct you to our main Canada forum. Why don't you pop over there and take a look around?

Please shout out if you require any assistance navigating the forums. The moderators for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Good luck with the move.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:12 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to BE. Get yourself over to our Canada forum and you will find lots of wonderful members there who are great at sharing info and tips. I'm sure you will make lots of friends here.

The best of luck with the big move. Just remember breath and exhale and all will be well.

Sue
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Lisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really niceLisa and Tony is just really nice
Default Re: 16 days to go! Vancouver Island BC-on our way

Thank you
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.... and an advance welcome to BC!!

Cheers

Oggy
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Lucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really nice

What part of the Island are you heading to - we're in the Comox Valley.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck with the move over.
We live in Oak Bay, in Victoria. Its a great place to live. Although the weather has been more like October the last week or so!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Oak Bay eh! That's a really nice area - my Auntie Dibbles lives there
We're heading up towards Campbell River & the 'boo docks'!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Lucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really niceLucky Bird is just really nice

Oak Bay eh! That's a really nice area - my Auntie Dibbles lives there
We're heading up towards Campbell River & the 'boo docks'!
What are the 'boo docks'?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

boondocks? aka the boonies...

I didn't know it's of Tagalog origin though! Learn something new everyday.
Welcome to the neighborhood!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Oops! Missed the 'n' off

See....already getting into the lingo I'll be drinking Canadian and saying eh! next eh!
Lisa
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
boondocks? aka the boonies...

I didn't know it's of Tagalog origin though! Learn something new everyday.
Welcome to the neighborhood!
You do learn something new everyday - I had to google to find out what boondock meant!! I obviously fit very well into the area
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:08 am
Just Joined

andre30 is just really niceandre30 is just really niceandre30 is just really niceandre30 is just really niceandre30 is just really niceandre30 is just really niceandre30 is just really niceandre30 is just really nice

Hi

Can u tell me how much is it costing u to take yr pets as i have 3 dogs i wont to take over to canada if everthing goes well

thanks
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andre30
Hi

Can u tell me how much is it costing u to take yr pets as i have 3 dogs i wont to take over to canada if everthing goes well

thanks
Hello Andre...welcome to BE.

As this forum is just to welcome new members would you please repost your question in our Canada Forum? You will get a much better response to your question in that forum because more of our regular members post in there. I provided a link to that forum in post #3...just click on it and it will take you directly there.

Give me a shout if you need any help finding your way around the many BE forums. Good luck.