British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   York,PA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/york-pa-567948/)

steve68 Oct 18th 2008 5:01 pm

York,PA

Any Brits in or near York PA ??

Jakester Oct 24th 2008 6:49 am

Re: York,PA

I can see im going to need a map..wheres York ? Its familier sounding

steve68 Oct 26th 2008 6:13 pm

About 30 miles south of Harrisburg, just off I-83

tonrob Oct 26th 2008 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by steve68 (Post 6912282)
About 30 miles south of Harrisburg, just off I-83

Or 30 miles west of Intercourse! Fnarr Fnarr... :)

Jakester Oct 26th 2008 11:40 pm

heh heh i did see the newsgirl on location one night and i thought id misheard her.. there really is some amazingly silly names for places here.
My favorite dumb names so far are Street Road..what genious came up with that one?Stump road is another..like a stump is going to be there all that long.Theres also a stump street and stump way.
Probably was a guy named Stump but i like to think it was just a stump by the side of the way so they called it stump road..every chance thats right : )

stevet2607 Nov 10th 2008 4:24 pm

Hi Steve, we live in Mount Joy, Lancaster about 30 minutes away, but my office is in York. We've been here around a year now. How about you?
Steve

Lesterbrock Jun 25th 2009 5:37 pm

I live in Sinking Spring, not that far away:)

Folinskyinla Jun 25th 2009 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by steve68 (Post 6888125)
Any Brits in or near York PA ??

Hi:

I have not a clue to the nationality breakdown of the detainees in the ICE Detention Center there. There might be some Brits. I tend to doubt not many, but who knows.

sue2210 Aug 12th 2009 2:50 pm

I live in Baltimore south of York in Maryland. I have been here 25 years!!

uslynnukandrew Sep 16th 2009 12:43 am

Hello Everyone

i live in Hershey PA, not far away from Barry Wales originally.....

HIYA to who ever is out there.....

Andrew

tonrob Sep 16th 2009 1:32 am

Originally Posted by uslynnukandrew (Post 7934604)
Hello Everyone

i live in Hershey PA, not far away from Barry Wales originally.....

HIYA to who ever is out there.....

Andrew

Barftastic!

Welcome to BE!! :)

Cuddly Duddly Sep 25th 2009 4:01 pm

Live in Reedsville, 2 miles from Schuylkill Haven 10 miles south of Pottsville, home of America's oldest brewery, Yuengling.

Married to a Pa dutch gal and been in the States for 33 years. I restore British sports cars, specializing in MGs, having retired from teaching people to fly sailplanes. Passage to India in H'burg is our favourite curry shop.

chrisfromusa Oct 4th 2009 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jakester (Post 6912844)
heh heh i did see the newsgirl on location one night Street Road..what genious came up with that one?)

Hey don't diss our street names! :D And the same people that came up with the name Feasterville-Trevose I suppose :p

chrisfromusa Oct 4th 2009 10:38 pm

But hello to everyone that is invading my town and the ones near me :D hehehe. Noo, this place could use some more culture, more Brits wouldn't hurt :)

juliecalifornia Oct 5th 2009 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Cuddly Duddly (Post 7964878)
Live in Reedsville, 2 miles from Schuylkill Haven 10 miles south of Pottsville, home of America's oldest brewery, Yuengling.

Married to a Pa dutch gal and been in the States for 33 years. I restore British sports cars, specializing in MGs, having retired from teaching people to fly sailplanes. Passage to India in H'burg is our favourite curry shop.

Passage to India - our favourite curry house here too and we've only been here since June! I've suggested on another thread here in meet-ups that we get something organized for local folks......Passage to India would be a great place if anyone's interested ;)