Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Would I be happy in the UK?

Would I be happy in the UK?

Old Jun 21st 2015, 6:29 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would I be happy in the UK?

Originally Posted by mfarrington2014
Yikes. Should I just stay in America then, or is there a country you'd counter-propose? I do think Mexico sounds kind of cool, but the crime rate there is very high and I'm not particularly fond of the Spanish language, the grammar is insanely difficult. Maybe Eastern Europe?

There's really nowhere in the United States that is both friendly and progressive. It's either ignorant and conservative as hell, or liberal in a very arrogant and narrow sort of way. Even decent states like Minnesota, North Carolina and Wisconsin seem to be getting taken over by right-wing politics and unfriendly hipsters.
Assuming that you aren't a troll, you'll never get a visa for the UK or Canada.

Why anyone is bothering to say anything more to you than that, I don't know.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Boy..... are we still on this subject? As I said weeks ago you have nothing to qualify you to get a visa anywhere in Europe.
But then the thread would have been two posts long.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfarrington2014
Yikes. Should I just stay in America then, or is there a country you'd counter-propose? I do think Mexico sounds kind of cool, but the crime rate there is very high and I'm not particularly fond of the Spanish language, the grammar is insanely difficult. Maybe Eastern Europe?

There's really nowhere in the United States that is both friendly and progressive. It's either ignorant and conservative as hell, or liberal in a very arrogant and narrow sort of way. Even decent states like Minnesota, North Carolina and Wisconsin seem to be getting taken over by right-wing politics and unfriendly hipsters.
Getting yourself educated, in any manner whatsoever, is obviously not your strong point.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oops wrong thread