Reload this Page >

Working two jobs

Working two jobs

Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

sarahirani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working two jobs

Long time reader here.

I am employed in the US going through my GC process from work. There is still some time to go before I get the GC. I want to be able to work in the UK at the same time for about 6 months. Other than what's in my contract, is there any law to say I cannot work in two places at the same time? Obviously I will pay all taxes due.

Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2018, 4:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working two jobs

If you would physically be in the UK to do the UK work, that shouldn't be a problem, in my layman's opinion. You can't do the UK work while physically in the USA.

Rene
Old Mar 26th 2018, 4:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahirani
Long time reader here.

I am employed in the US going through my GC process from work. There is still some time to go before I get the GC. I want to be able to work in the UK at the same time for about 6 months. Other than what's in my contract, is there any law to say I cannot work in two places at the same time? Obviously I will pay all taxes due.

Thanks
What visa are you currently on or entered the US with to live and work here? Who is the other company you plan on working for in the UK. A subsidiary of the US company or is the UK company the parent company or are they two separate companies. If two separate companies why would the US company allow you to remove yourself from the US to work for someone else.

If you are planning on working remotely for the UK company while still working in the US company, you can't do that until your an employment authorization card. Your work visa only allows you to work for the company that is sponsoring your work visa unless you have an approved EAD through your AOS.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

sarahirani is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh physically working in the UK. I'm on L1 visa. Two completely seperate companies.