Hello everyone,

Stanwell - Middlesex
Oxford (infamous Cowley Road)
Lightwater - Surrey
Chelmsford - Essex
Bedford
Bergen County - New Jersey

Seems to be a lot of Oxford inhabitants out there
Just posted a reply to Asofuk (?) original posting - then saw yours further down "Stanwell Middlesex" - grew up in Ashford Middlesex - probably before your time though .....
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:40 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ArsNo2
Just posted a reply to Asofuk (?)
Call me Webbie

Oh the Cowley Road.... some wonderful shops down there.
Dodgiest place was Blackbird Leys - try and find a bus driver who will go down there after dark
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:45 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by snorkmaiden
Aha, the beginnings of an expats club
Waheey.... ArsNo2

Your in Plano, Snorkmaiden is in Garland, I'm in Rowlett...

Plenty of us Brits in and around the Dallas area, almost have enough to start a rotary club, maybe play darts, have a few games of pool and a good ol moan about the old days.

Cheers
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Yosser
Waheey.... ArsNo2

Your in Plano, Snorkmaiden is in Garland, I'm in Rowlett...

Plenty of us Brits in and around the Dallas area, almost have enough to start a rotary club, maybe play darts, have a few games of pool and a good ol moan about the old days.

Cheers
yes sent snorkmaiden an email earlier on - but she hasn't replied yet! There is a club for Brits in this area that I heard about years ago - have paperwork for it somewhere will look for it - we never bothered with it at the time but I wish I had done so - with the discussions about Eastenders I was thinking of contacting them - Ironically it is called B.B.C. - standing for Best British Club .........
Old Oct 1st 2003, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

OOoops........Sorry, haven't checked that e-mail account today

I met a lady from Scotland at the dentist the other day, it was great, it was so nice to hear an accent from home. I've just hit the six months homesickness thing.....

So, do people ever get round to meeting up, as there does seem to be a fair few of us in the DFW area?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:15 am
Just Joined

KlassyKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Where ya'll from

My journey to get to Northern California started in 1978 from

Connah's Quay (North Wales)
Liverpool
Glasgow
Amsterdam
South Africa
Sudan
Perth
Fiji
San Francisco
London
Basel (Switzerland)
Liverpool
London
Baltimore
Los Angeles
Sacramento, CA

For me the traveling is over and the beautiful Sierra Foothills is the final stop on the journey
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:39 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

ArsNo2 - know all those places pretty well, except Texas. Think 'your time' was about the same as my parents not sure if they were in the ashford/staines area round then though?

Suppose you went to school round there too? I went to Matthew Arnold in Staines?

Have friend in farnham at the moment. nice place.

afosuk ( webbie?) - many a dodgy night spent on the cowley road, never made a habit of going to bbird leys though (except to the dog track)
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:49 am
Just Joined

iffey is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

hello!

i'm new to this forum so this also serves as a test mail (and virgin forum-user, be gentle with me ...) Decided it was high-time I joined after reading some of the funniest email threads. My histories as follows, 1989 to present...

Gloucester
Oxford (cowley rd)
Salzburg - Austria
Merriott - Somerset
Bruton - Somerset
Windsor
Long Island

any brits on long island out there, give me a shout. I'd love to meet up for a natter!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mattbutt
ArsNo2 - know all those places pretty well, except Texas. Think 'your time' was about the same as my parents not sure if they were in the ashford/staines area round then though?

Suppose you went to school round there too? I went to Matthew Arnold in Staines?

Have friend in farnham at the moment. nice place.

afosuk ( webbie?) - many a dodgy night spent on the cowley road, never made a habit of going to bbird leys though (except to the dog track)
Same time - might be (lived in Ashford 1st time round from '52 to '71) Went to Clarendon Road, Echleford Junior, and Ashford Grammar. Had a neighbour, and quite a few friends, who went to Matthew Arnold.

Liked living in Tongham - little village just off the Hogs Back (A31) between Guildford and Farnham - was there from '86 to Feb '97 when we came out here.... Daughter and family still live nearby in Church Crookham, Fleet. Going to stay with them on Oct 11 for four weeks. Parents are also near in Farnborough Hants.

Are you an EE fan - hard to tell when people often jump between different topics?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 4:32 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

I went to Police College in Ashford and the local girls - well they aint shy!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Haggischomper
Glasgow, Scotland
East Kilbride, Scotland
Larkhall, Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland
Stonehouse, Scotland
Strathaven, Scotland
Inverness, Scotland
Strathaven, Scotland
Hamilton, Scotland
and, as of April (I hope) next year -
Chicago, USA.
Hi Haggischomper - interested to see where y'ous are from - Hubby is from Irvine (His parents are in Kilmarnock).... wondered if you like Haggis - don't know whether you can get it in Chicago - but we haven't found the 'real thing' here in Texas yet... however hubby came across a company in Lewsville Texas, called The Caledonian Kitchen that produce Tinned Haggis - 3 small tins in a box costing 9 dollars , believe they ship all over the country. Website is www.caledoniankitchen.com. He's eaten quite a lot of it so it can't be bad. If your making 'neeps though you will have to look out for a turnip(swede) called Ruttabaga - that's what they call turnip down here anyway.....
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by scotch03
I went to Police College in Ashford and the local girls - well they aint shy!
slightly puzzled - don't remember a Police College in Ashford, only a Remand Centre - could you have been in Ashford, Kent ???
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:36 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by ArsNo2
Hi Haggischomper - interested to see where y'ous are from - Hubby is from Irvine (His parents are in Kilmarnock).... wondered if you like Haggis - don't know whether you can get it in Chicago - but we haven't found the 'real thing' here in Texas yet... however hubby came across a company in Lewsville Texas, called The Caledonian Kitchen that produce Tinned Haggis - 3 small tins in a box costing 9 dollars , believe they ship all over the country. Website is www.caledoniankitchen.com. He's eaten quite a lot of it so it can't be bad. If your making 'neeps though you will have to look out for a turnip(swede) called Ruttabaga - that's what they call turnip down here anyway.....
Excellent! Exactly the kinda info I was looking for! Added the website to my Favourites.

Tinned Haggis is okay as that is what I normally go for anyway. 5 minutes and it is ready which means I don't have to go through my usual burning-down of the kitchen routine.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Just took a peek at the Caledonian kitchen website and ooo they sell Irn Bru too, my boys will be so happy. I actually like haggis so i may treat myself to a couple of cans too

thanks for the link

Jan
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

alabama_bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosport - Hampshire
Crawley - Sussex
Bilingshurst - Sussex
Crawley - Sussex
Horsham - Sussex
Crawley - Sussex

- gotta love living in Crawley -

and in 2 - 3 years I will be in sunny Alabama :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.