British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Where to get UK passport photos in US? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/where-get-uk-passport-photos-us-637338/)

MattHague Oct 24th 2009 5:40 pm

Where to get UK passport photos in US?

Hi - Sorry to Hi-jack this one; but it seems answered...

I was wondering about the flip side of this. How do I get a UK sized photo from within the US when standard US ID photo's are 2"x2" and UK are 35mmx45mm?

I am attempting to renew my UK passport from the US.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt Hague

ian-mstm Oct 24th 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Where to get UK passport photos in US?

Originally Posted by MattHague (Post 8041872)

I renewed my UK passport at the Embassy in DC a couple of years ago and they accepted the 2"x2" US-style photos. It wasn't an issue. Usually though, for complete accuracy, I suggest people do their own... digital camera, inkjet printer, and photo paper.

Ian

Xebedee Oct 24th 2009 9:24 pm

I was wondering about the flip side of this. How do I get a UK sized photo from within the US when standard US ID photo's are 2"x2" and UK are 35mmx45mm?
Any ideas?
Thanks
Matt Hague

Went to the local AAA office.
Showed the nice lady the glossy hand-out with "how not to stand up", "do not wear a divers helmet", etc which you get from the Embassy and all was just spiffy.
Btw, AAA also have a pretty good deal on forex.

osgood Oct 24th 2009 10:07 pm

Go into a place selling passport photo's with the machine set to your country's passport photo size...here in south florida at walgreen's i got mine..you can take them yourself but do not smile,i got mine rejected for that..asshole's at british embassy...

Poppy girl Oct 24th 2009 11:08 pm

Walgreens did it myself this year.

Mummy in the foothills Oct 24th 2009 11:31 pm

http://www.epassportphoto.com/

geeandtee Oct 25th 2009 3:54 am

The nice man at our local Walgreens cut ours down to size for us.

Kar98 Oct 26th 2009 3:07 am

For my German passport renewal, I went to the camera shop half a block away from the consulate in Houston, and they knew exactly what was needed.

Bob Oct 26th 2009 7:01 pm

plenty of threads on this subject...

but yeah, US passport photo is fine if you renew your passport in a consulate, other wise epassport is the easy way.

Jo1973 Oct 27th 2009 2:01 pm

Kinko's do passport photos. I got mine done (US Size) and still received my passport within around 3 weeks. (Sent it off end August 09 received back middle of September 09).

Hope this helps.

British Consul Oct 29th 2009 1:50 am

Originally Posted by osgood (Post 8042330)
Go into a place selling passport photo's with the machine set to your country's passport photo size...here in south florida at walgreen's i got mine..you can take them yourself but do not smile,i got mine rejected for that..asshole's at british embassy...

Ahem.
:thumbdown:

fatbrit Oct 29th 2009 4:21 am

Originally Posted by British Consul (Post 8053353)
Ahem.
:thumbdown:

The arsehole's allegation cannot be taken seriously if s/he's unable to distinguish between possessive and plural

veryfunny Oct 29th 2009 5:25 am

WAALLLGGGRREEENNNS

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt Hague

MsElui Oct 29th 2009 10:54 pm

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt Hague

the documentation that comes with the passport form actually states that if your photos are bigger (ie US standard sizes) DO NOT cut them to size - the passport service will take care of it. so just get regular US passport sizes.

Cushcowlady Oct 30th 2009 1:37 pm

Can Member MATT HAGUE please tell me what he submitted for his renewal passport photo and whether his photos were accepted by the British Embassy in Washington DC?

I am in a small town in the USA where British passports photos are not available.

I need to get a passport photo urgently but am worried that if I submit 2 American size photos (2" x2") from my local Walgreens, which have not been cut down to the accepted 35 mm x 45 mm British size, they will be rejected and I will lose $224.

Any information about passport photos by anyone else who have had British passport photos accepted by the British Embassy in September and October 2009 would be very helpful.

Thank you.