Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's your favorite thing about the US?

What's your favorite thing about the US?

Old May 7th 2012, 4:35 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favorite thing about the US?

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Old May 7th 2012, 4:37 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I know. I have so little respect for the moon hoax theories they don't even register with me ...

Not that my ex-colleague was advocating those, of course.
Old May 7th 2012, 4:50 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I know, I know. I have so little respect for the moon hoax theories they don't even register with me ...

Not that my ex-colleague was advocating those, of course.
I can't even be bothered with the "whoosh" smiley today.
Old May 7th 2012, 4:52 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I can't even be bothered with the "whoosh" smiley today.
I genuinely don't know what you were on about, other than the stupidity of me mistaking Capricorn One for an ELO album
Old May 7th 2012, 5:02 pm
Life goes on.

I genuinely don't know what you were on about, other than the stupidity of me mistaking Capricorn One for an ELO album
The stupidity of you laughing out loud, when something wasn't even remotely funny.
Old May 7th 2012, 5:10 pm
I have a comma problem

The stupidity of you laughing out loud, when something wasn't even remotely funny.
I was laughing at my own retardedness. That, I'm sure you'd agree, has its funny moments.
Old May 7th 2012, 5:19 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I was a bit of a dick with my first post. Here's a few things I do like about the US:

The US put a man on the moon and pioneered aviation.

Enough said ...
I see what you did there.
Repeat the same thing in different words, but intensify the insult.
Old May 7th 2012, 5:22 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I see what you did there.
Repeat the same thing in different words, but intensify the insult.
Come again
Old May 7th 2012, 5:42 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Come again
You liked American airports because they get you away from the USA
You now like the space race, presumably because it gets people even further away from the USA
Old May 7th 2012, 5:43 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by kimilseung
You liked American airports because they get you away from the USA
You now like the space race, presumably because it gets people even further away from the USA
Oh, no I never even thought about it like that. I just like that they did it. I wish they had stuck with it, of course.
Old May 7th 2012, 5:45 pm
Life goes on.

Oh, no I never even thought about it like that. I just like that they did it. I wish they had stuck with it, of course.
Too expensive - they need the money for killing people.

if they'd found extra-terrestrial life, they'd have been happy to spend the money killing them though.
Old May 7th 2012, 5:46 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

if they'd found extra-terrestrial life, they'd have been happy to spend the money killing them though.
Amen
Old May 7th 2012, 5:49 pm
I have a comma problem

Too expensive - they need the money for killing people.

Meh.

I hate being alive in a world where politics trumps engineering.
Old May 7th 2012, 5:51 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

One word for you - Concorde. BA did the same thing.

And yes, I did just compare the space programe to a supersonic passenger aircraft
Old May 7th 2012, 5:53 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by civilservant
One word for you - Concorde. BA did the same thing.
Yeah, I wasn't too happy about that either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.