Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What medicine I need to bring to US for my children ?

What medicine I need to bring to US for my children ?

Old Mar 30th 2017, 1:49 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What medicine I need to bring to US for my children ?

Lemsip is just paracetamol and a hot honey and lemon drink. If you're moving to California likely you will have citrus fruits aplenty. Even here in the damp, cold Pacific Northwest I can get 3 pounds of citrus fruits for $4. Make your own! But likely you won't even need it with all that natural vitamin C available.

There are medicaments for everything here. Even parts of the body and conditions you never knew existed. Just watching a block of commercials here you will learn the names of 10 new conditions every day. And there's a lawyer for every condition prepared to take on your case for compensation...
Old Mar 30th 2017, 12:20 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

I had a need for Milton a few months ago and was completely unable to find it or an alternative in either liquid or tablet form.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

Codeine is a great cough suppressant. Codeine is considered an exempt narcotic and can be purchased OTC as Robitussin AC in most states at the discretion of the pharmacist. You have to ask the pharmacist as you wont find it on a shelf. There are restrictions, over the age of 18, show ID, and sign a register, but You just have to ask. It costs about $13.00 for 120 mls. CVS doesn't carry it, but Walgreens does, well at least here in GA. You may have to hunt around to find it depending on where you live.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 8:23 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebzinUS
Codeine is a great cough suppressant. Codeine is considered an exempt narcotic and can be purchased OTC as Robitussin AC in most states at the discretion of the pharmacist. You have to ask the pharmacist as you wont find it on a shelf. There are restrictions, over the age of 18, show ID, and sign a register, but You just have to ask. It costs about $13.00 for 120 mls. CVS doesn't carry it, but Walgreens does, well at least here in GA. You may have to hunt around to find it depending on where you live.

isn't codeine addictive?

we weren't even allowed to prescribe it to our dental patients in France.
Old Apr 15th 2017, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

jellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise

isn't codeine addictive?

we weren't even allowed to prescribe it to our dental patients in France.
It is and shouldn't really be used for more than 3 days. I would only use for more extreme pain than everyday illness.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Melly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nutek
Our health insurance tells us where we have to get our prescriptions (Express Scripts) and penalizes people who go elsewhere.
I had "Express Scripts" but chose not to claim for my medication because it was so cheap at Costco. I'm not sure if this is an option for you, but if so, it gives you more freedom to purchase your meds wherever you like. I was blown away with how much cheaper Costco was (saved me over $100 a month) and you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 9:37 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melly
I had "Express Scripts" but chose not to claim for my medication because it was so cheap at Costco. I'm not sure if this is an option for you, but if so, it gives you more freedom to purchase your meds wherever you like. I was blown away with how much cheaper Costco was (saved me over $100 a month) and you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy.
12 bucks to Express Scripts vs 300 bucks anywhere else. Stupid insurance.