Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What are the equivalent of these UK Shops?

What are the equivalent of these UK Shops?

Old Sep 24th 2017, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the equivalent of these UK Shops?

I love TJ Maxx in the US, I always find a bargain. It helps if you know what you're looking for. I'm forever getting tops for under 10 bucks, and finding top brand ones for under 20 bucks which I will buy too if it's nice. I buy my sports/running stuff there too, paid 12 dollars for some New Balance running trousers for example.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

There are a bunch of stores similar to TJ Maxx and it IS possible to find a bargain. It can, however, take some searching!

Of course, TK Maxx is the UK version, but Marshalls is also owned by the same parent company. There's also Ross, Bealls and others.

We went to Ross just yesterday as we're going on a cruise in under two weeks and I immediately found three T-shirts for under $9 each (MSRP was up to $54!). I found nothing else in the rest of our trip which included next door in TJ Maxx. I did, however find some decent coffee K-cups for $5.99 for an 18-pack, which is not a bad price, and the coffee is surprisingly good!
Old Sep 24th 2017, 11:31 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I've been to TKMaxx stores in the UK and they have indeed been pretty grungy. However, the TJMaxx and Marshall's locations in my area are all smart stores with excellent merchandise, not crappy at all -- I'd recommend them to anyone. But you do indeed have to search for that great $350 item marked down to $30!
We think alike Nutmegger I love a good Marshall’s to waste time (and money) in. My last trip bagged some gorgeous lamps and some shoes to add to the collection!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Surprised nobody's mentioned Target. They even carry Boots products...

Target was mentioned in the very first reply - post #2. And in at least one other.