Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

what to do before start working on H1B

what to do before start working on H1B

Old Aug 14th 2004, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

codyVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Question what to do before start working on H1B

What should I expect to do before I start to work? I already have a SS from my J1 visa. Can I use the same card or make another? I already have driving licence. I can't even specify my question cause I don't know what is gonna happen and what will I have to do. If you could share your experiences. Thanks
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:02 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what to do before start working on H1B

With a Social Security number and state driver's license you're pretty much all set. Those were to two items that made life difficult for us for the first couple of months here on an H1B.

You'll probably need a letter from your employer showing that you have a job for some applications such as renting an apartment or opening a bank account (although I think you said you have a bank account already too?).

Sounds like you're all set!