Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What is the best place to live in the USA?

What is the best place to live in the USA?

Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

HumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the best place to live in the USA?

Every region in the US has its admirers and detractors. For example - New England, where I live, has beautiful historic architecture, a robust economy, a large urban area (greater Boston & New York if you think CT is still New England) with cultural opportunities, access to the oceans and mountains. The whole area has extensive tree cover which produces very nice colors in the spring and fall due to the climate.

Despite this a large proportion of the population desperately want to up sticks and move to North Carolina or somewhere similar. These people acknowledge the great things about New England but also point to the negatives; the high cost of living; the high houses prices in the Boston metro area; the fact the weather sucks for six months of the year during the early spring and winter; the decaying infrastructure and the impoverished and clapped out nature of many of the old industrial areas of the state - Lawrence, Springfield, Holyoke, Fall River, the Route 2 rust belt etc... For everyone who tell you how great the area is you'll find someone who tells you it's crap and that you should move to a red state (there are a lot of right wingers here despite its reputation).

Similarly Colorado sounds good to me but someone the other day was saying that - while the front ridge is nice - a 3rd of the state is dry featureless desert and half is flat empty grassland featuring only tornadoes and the odd meth ridden town. Each to his own as they say..
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

202 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a discussion thread and nobody is complaining if you'd rather me not use this website then fair enough and is this clogging up the forum or hurting anyone's feelings. I want people to share their experience in America so I can find what I'm looking for. I have liked every single response so thanks for the advice but I'm an adult, this thread is helping and if the super moderator which is higher than you btw had a problem with this thread when it was moved would have closed it so please leave us to discuss, BYE
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 202
It's a discussion thread and nobody is complaining if you'd rather me not use this website then fair enough and is this clogging up the forum or hurting anyone's feelings. I want people to share their experience in America so I can find what I'm looking for. I have liked every single response so thanks for the advice but I'm an adult, this thread is helping and if the super moderator which is higher than you btw had a problem with this thread when it was moved would have closed it so please leave us to discuss, BYE
You are not an adult you are a 16 year old teen...and as such I suggest you change your attitude.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

I have freedom of speech and if you have a problem then say it, that's age discrimination right there and I have as much right to an opinion as you do so I would like to ask you kindly not to try to intimidate me with your authority on this forum. I'm not being offensive or threatening.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:26 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

My house. And
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:26 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 202
I have freedom of speech
No you don't. First thing to learn about those amendments, is some of their restrictions.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

mwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of light

I have freedom of speech
If you are interested in America you need to read up about freedom of speech.
'Freedom of speech' in the USA means you can say what you want and the government cannot hinder your doing so, but a private forum can.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

fozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously 202, I would be thinking about what you want to do, and let the where come from that, rather than the other way around.

Are you considering going to a US university? If so then primarily you want to be looking for a university with a good reputation in the subjects that interest you, and let that lead your choice of location. Good universities are usually located in places with a good standard of living...
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Freedom of speech is a saying meaning I can say whatever I want and nobody and physically stop me even if what I'm saying is wrong, nothing that I have said is against the law so therefore I do have freedom of speech, in the eyes of the law I'm either a minor or an adult therefore if this forum is for adults then bam my account other wise find another lame excuse. I have an answer for everything...
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

I'll research alone because members of this site need to know that if they want to connect with the outside world rather than on a website they need to realise it's not just about knowledge it's about happiness #todeepforyou
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 202
Freedom of speech is a saying meaning I can say whatever I want and nobody and physically stop me even if what I'm saying is wrong, nothing that I have said is against the law so therefore I do have freedom of speech, in the eyes of the law I'm either a minor or an adult therefore if this forum is for adults then bam my account other wise find another lame excuse. I have an answer for everything...
You aren't doing yourself any favours you know.........
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Has to be a wind- up.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:39 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Wants coast, wants hot, not religious: California, how hard was that?
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Wants coast, wants hot, not religious: California, how hard was that?
Knows how to party.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 2:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 202
it's not just about knowledge it's about happiness #todeepforyou
We can see it's not 'just about knowledge' if it's #todeepforyou. If it was about knowledge it would be #toodeepforyou.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.