Reload this Page >

VPN for UK TV programmes?

VPN for UK TV programmes?

Old Oct 23rd 2017, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

JosiesJourney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VPN for UK TV programmes?

Hi all

We have finally moved to New Jersey after 9 months of planning and paperwork! Love so many things about the place but as we are currently in a temp airbnb whilst we wait for our shipment it's very unsettling and obviously there are creature comforts and familiar things I really miss from England. One of which is UK tv programmes - I'm not into corrie or eastenders but really want to access player and ITV player and wondering if anyone has done this and what's the best way to do it - is setting up a VPN the best thing to do and can anyone recommend a provider?
Thanks

Jo
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 3:28 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VPN for UK TV programmes?

Smart DNS from overplay.net
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Great thanks will check this out
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

trying to find a way to see Sky Arts, any suggestions?
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Britbox should get you most of what you're looking for without any need to mess around with VPNs.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Chesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Britbox should get you most of what you're looking for without any need to mess around with VPNs.
I guess if VPNs didn't work I might settle for Britbox but it isn't current enough to interest me and lack of C4 and other channel content is a huge gap. Feels quite "Davey" to me.

Maybe it's due to licensing and the diverse array of streaming options? E.g. I watched s2 Dr Foster recently. I seeS1 is on Netflix so good chance S2 will end up there. Is that why it isn't on Britbox?

That said, I do sincerely wish there was an overseas viewer licence fee option and no need to use VPN.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly it's not just the licence fee that's the issue but that rights for programmes and even the music played in them are sold on a per country basis. If it wasn't for Brexit, I'm sure in time the EU would require the various national TV players to be opened up for access by people anywhere in the EU, but it's not so very likely it'd ever be opened up for us further afield.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

DebbieBullen is an unknown quantity at this point

We got the top package from Xfinity but We’ve learned to adapt and live without..... Movies and sport now rather than soaps and documentaries.....the fine weather means we don’t need to spend time indoors I guess 👍🏻
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 6:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebbieBullen
We got the top package from Xfinity but We’ve learned to adapt and live without..... Movies and sport now rather than soaps and documentaries.....the fine weather means we don’t need to spend time indoors I guess.
We pretty much gave up TV entirely, because in truth it's nearly all §4!të.

We get news from the internet, and we watch films occasionally on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I think the last "TV show" we watched as a family was last year's Grand Tour, before that .... ???? Maybe Law and Order around 2005-2006?

I have been plugging away at Breaking Bad at the rate of one show about every three weeks. By the end of the year I will need to find something else to watch.

It took me until 2015 to finish watching the original 9 series of the X-Files, which had ended thirteen years earlier.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

DebbieBullen is an unknown quantity at this point

We pretty much gave up TV entirely, because in truth it's nearly all §4!të.

We get news from the internet, and we watch films occasionally on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I think the last "TV show" we watched as a family was last year's Grand Tour, before that .... ???? Maybe Law and Order around 2005-2006?

I have been plugging away at Breaking Bad at the rate of one show about every three weeks. By the end of the year I will need to find something else to watch.

It took me until 2015 to finish watching the original 9 series of the X-Files, which had ended thirteen years earlier.
😂..... You have to learn to adapt in so many ways
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

We tried Sling, DirectTV Now and a few others, all utter shite to be honest.

We just use Amazon Prime and Netflix and I just go to a bar to watch football games or one of my friends or neighbors will usually have it on.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 6:17 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Recently subscribed to this service.
Some great shows.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:44 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I've used Smart DNS from Overplay for years, but recently also bought an Unblock box which is a bit more nefarious but has far more options (and no recurring cost).
Old Oct 25th 2017, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Great thanks for the link....why is VPN a hassle though - just wondering how it compares with britbox?
Thanks!

J
Old Oct 25th 2017, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

TopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond repute

We use UKiVPN, works pretty well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.