Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A very quick (Possibly stupid question) regarding travel to the US

A very quick (Possibly stupid question) regarding travel to the US

Old Sep 1st 2015, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Dantuk80 will become famous soon enoughDantuk80 will become famous soon enough
Default A very quick (Possibly stupid question) regarding travel to the US

Hi, just a quick question, and excuse my stupidity.

I have a round trip booked to Florida, flying via Atlanta first then to MCO.

I have a B1/B2 US Visa recently issued, and my family all have approved ESTA's.

Do I need any further documents or is it a case of print my e-tickets, arrive at the airport and away we go?

All of our API data has been submitted to the airline so really just wondering if I have missed anything: We have the address of where we are staying all done on their ESTAs, insurance, return e-tickets, cash etc but I always get jittery when travelling to the USA. I think I get jittery because I have a B2 Visa and suddenly feel like a naughty child for something minor that occurred 15 years ago.....

Also, on the API data, it asked if we had ESTA's/Visa etc, when I put "Visa" for me, it then asked for the Visa number, which I submitted, then the site said there was issues, I called the airline, they said the issue was to do with my kids being booked as adults but this isn't a problem, I then asked if my visa number was accepted (as I constantly panic about this) and they said they don't take the visa number....is that the case and if so, why have that on their API page??

Please go gentle on me........
Old Sep 1st 2015, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A very quick (Possibly stupid question) regarding travel to the US

You should be absolutely fine.

Remember that the airline has nothing to do with CBP and vice versa, so any issues that arise with one should not affect the other (unless serious anomalies are evident). In your case, the worst that is likely to happen is a trip to secondary for further questioning, which is highly unlikely as you have all your ducks in a row.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Worst case scenario with the airline is you may have to check-in in person rather than online. You'll certainly have to show your visa to airline personnel before boarding, possibly more than once.

Are you flying with BA by any chance? There have been reports lately on the Flyertalk BA forum of people with US visas having problems getting BA's systems to acknowledge them.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys, thanks for your replies.

We're flying with Delta, but the flight booking is with Virgin. I'd like to hope that Delta are well aware of US visas!

As far as I am concerned, and you kindly folk that have responded, we are all set to go (?) - my checklist is as follows:

- e-Tickets (Round trip)
- x5 Passports
- ESTAs for x4 family members (Approved)
- Valid US visa for me in Passport
- Holiday Insurance
- Hotel Booking
- Holiday Money
- Car Hire
- Park Tickets
- API details submitted to carrier

I just keep getting this nagging feeling that I've left something out...I'm sure after double/triple and many more multiples of checking haven't, but I thought I'd ask you good folk of BE
Old Sep 1st 2015, 4:37 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dantuk80

We're flying with Delta, but the flight booking is with Virgin. I'd like to hope that Delta are well aware of US visas!

As far as I am concerned, and you kindly folk that have responded, we are all set to go (?) - my checklist is as follows:

- e-Tickets (Round trip)
- x5 Passports
- Holiday Insurance
- Hotel Booking
- Holiday Money
- Car Hire
- Park Tickets

I just keep getting this nagging feeling that I've left something out...I'm sure after double/triple and many more multiples of checking haven't, but I thought I'd ask you good folk of BE
Driving licence and credit card for car hire.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

- e-Tickets (Round trip)
- x5 Passports
- Holiday Insurance
- Hotel Booking
- Holiday Money
- Car Hire
- Park Tickets

Tell whoever the CC is with that you will be using it abroad. Don't forget to pack the luggage.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Cheers folks, especially for reminding me to pack luggage!! The last holiday we went on my wife packed my clothes and I walked around for 2 weeks dressed like Sponge Bob Square Pants!

-Cash and Credit - CHECK!
- Luggage - CHECK!
- Drivers License - CHECK!

Thanks again for your responses. Very much appreciated.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 1:14 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

The last holiday we went on my wife packed my clothes and I walked around for 2 weeks dressed like Sponge Bob Square Pants!
Glove World?