Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Vaccinations

Vaccinations

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 9:58 am
The fattest member

fatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to all
Talking Vaccinations

Hello, can anyone tell me what vaccinations I will need to go to the USA, I'm from England, I know this topic's probably been covered a million times, but I'm at work and don't have time to search. Thanks, Matt
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccinations

Originally posted by fatman
Hello, can anyone tell me what vaccinations I will need to go to the USA, I'm from England, I know this topic's probably been covered a million times, but I'm at work and don't have time to search. Thanks, Matt
I am having my 2 hour breakfast so have no time either..so look it up yourself
http://uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 5:25 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by fatman
here also is a link fro the american embassy in london listing the various vaccination requirements....

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...ccinechart.htm

Ant
Old Aug 4th 2004, 12:40 pm
The fattest member

fatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to all
Talking Re: Vaccinations

Originally posted by antjen
here also is a link fro the american embassy in london listing the various vaccination requirements....

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...ccinechart.htm

Ant
You both rock!! Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:18 pm
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

make sure on the Varicella one though, they tend not to offer it in the UK, and if you want to live in the USA, thewy will make you have one.
ps, varicella=chickenpox
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by LuTziE
make sure on the Varicella one though, they tend not to offer it in the UK, and if you want to live in the USA, thewy will make you have one.
ps, varicella=chickenpox
No they won't, its not widely available in the UK, therefore, its not a requirement. Says so on the Vaccination form from the Embassy, also in practice too. I had to get MMR though!! (Aged 31, having had the childhood diseases!!)
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:53 pm

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dan725
No they won't, its not widely available in the UK, therefore, its not a requirement. Says so on the Vaccination form from the Embassy, also in practice too. I had to get MMR though!! (Aged 31, having had the childhood diseases!!)
Yes, it said that on the embassy form for vaccination when I read it too. But didn't make a blind bit of difference when I got here - no varicella vac, no green card, period. That's what the USCIS interviewer said. Fortunately I'd got it, so I got the green card.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dan725
Me neither... I had to have my MMR cos the doc had lost my records and could not confirm I had the Measles jab so I had to have the MMR and my tetanus updated. I have yet to be asked for proof that I had any though.

Ash
Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Scarlett-Dallas
no varicella vac, no green card, period. That's what the USCIS interviewer said.
Hmm. When I went for the medical exam for my AOS application, I assumed I'd be given all the vaccinations I needed. Seeing as I had no documentation on any prior vaccinations, I thought I'd be given one of everything. I was given two - a tetanus booster and something else. I'm pretty sure it wasn't varicella or MMR. My interview is certainly not for a while, so I've still got time to go get them. I should quiz them about that, I guess.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it said that on the embassy form for vaccination when I read it too. But didn't make a blind bit of difference when I got here - no varicella vac, no green card, period. That's what the USCIS interviewer said. Fortunately I'd got it, so I got the green card.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
You must have got the Eva Braun interviewer I didnt have the injection, no problem at all, however, it was on my medical records that I'd had it when I was a kid - therefore the Doc didnt give me the jab. I got MMR because Mumps was never entered on my notes for some reason.

There also seems some disparity between doing DCF (which I did)as opposed to AOS - DCF seems way more lax than having to change staus in the US

Last edited by Dan725; Aug 4th 2004 at 6:38 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
I think the requirements differ depending on which office you apply for AOS.

I filed at the San Bernadino office. I didn't get the vaccination supplement from a civil surgeon, nor did I get the varicella vaccination, or provide any form of proof of having actually had varicella.

I did provide a letter from my GP in the UK confirming that I had received vaccinations for MMR & TD and my application for AOS was approved.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:23 pm

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 207lonsdale
I think the requirements differ depending on which office you apply for AOS.

I filed at the San Bernadino office. I didn't get the vaccination supplement from a civil surgeon, nor did I get the varicella vaccination, or provide any form of proof of having actually had varicella.

I did provide a letter from my GP in the UK confirming that I had received vaccinations for MMR & TD and my application for AOS was approved.
You're probably right. The guy at Dallas last year said he had told a lot of people they had to come back after getting the varicella to get the final approval, because those were his orders. The only way out was if you had medical documentation to show you'd had the pox in England.

Actually he was a really nice interviewer and joked around with the kids and approved us despite a tax return that didn't show 125% of the poverty line. Anyone coming up at Dallas and interested can read about the experience in the link from this page:

www.geocities.com/scarlett_hill

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:15 am
The fattest member

Talking Re: Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Scarlett-Dallas
You're probably right. The guy at Dallas last year said he had told a lot of people they had to come back after getting the varicella to get the final approval, because those were his orders. The only way out was if you had medical documentation to show you'd had the pox in England.

Actually he was a really nice interviewer and joked around with the kids and approved us despite a tax return that didn't show 125% of the poverty line. Anyone coming up at Dallas and interested can read about the experience in the link from this page:

www.geocities.com/scarlett_hill

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Yeah I think I've got to get vaccines for MMR and tetanus, I already had the pox, so I guess I'll be alright for that, (that's chicken pox) everything is so confusing about emigrating!! I'm going over in a week now... ok I'll admit all of this is cos I'm stupid, the doctor at the interview told me what I needed and wrote it down, I forgot and during the interview process it somehow managed to get sealed up in the mysterious brown packet, that you're not allowed to open. Presenting me with this dilemma, but all of you guys and girls have jogged my memory... I was told if i openend the brown envelope or my x-ray then that is where I would get sent... to camp X-ray.
anyway, nice one
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:19 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

To save you from having to get any unnecessary vaccinations, I suggest just getting your titres checked. That means having a blood sample taken that is then tested for your level of immunity to these diseases. If the levels are within accepted values then you can automatically prove your immunity which is a bit less vague than "I had it in childhood". I didn't need a single vaccination because all my titres showed immunity. GPs can be a bit hesitant to do blood tests, at least mine was, so I went to Medicentre and paid for the blood test. I got the results the next day.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scarlett-Dallas

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
I think its funny how some people have to get the varicella vac and others don't. We did I-130 filing, hubs had his medical at good ole Doc Phelans and ended up having a MMR and another tetneus (even though he'd had one 4 years ago) There was no mention of him having the varicella vac at all. I wonder why they do that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.