Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

USA- Hiring a car in USA (Budget.co.uk/com) - Is insurance included?

USA- Hiring a car in USA (Budget.co.uk/com) - Is insurance included?

Old Oct 8th 2016, 12:59 am
Just Joined

flamingate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA- Hiring a car in USA (Budget.co.uk/com) - Is insurance included?

If going to USA, NC Raleigh, or 6 weeks, and want to rent a car there, through the company, then is
is the car insurance usually included in quote price?

or it a separate payment?

Can you do a favour, go to this site

https://www.budget.co.uk/

and do a dummy entry for 28 days,
Location, Usa North Carolina
Pickup location, Greensboro

Car size - small.

Does it show that insurance is included there?

(so no extra has to be taken out?)

We know there are other car rental companies, but would like to use this one.

---and that is for 28 days.

can you also try for 42 days, as something happens to the insurance...
When you enter for 42 days (6 weeks) the insurance included seems to disappear (try entering the same as above but for 6 weeks, the included insurance to the package is not there, why is that?

https://www.budget.co.uk/

Basically want to hire the car, to drive around the state, and other states possibly.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 3:21 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA- Hiring a car in USA (Budget.co.uk/com) - Is insurance included?

Sorry I am not inclined to try the web site, but if you're seeing around £20-£25/$25-$30 per day then that is exclusive of insurance. Insurance is likely to add nearly as much again to the daily cost, so total cost around £40/$50. If you're renting from an airport location all those numbers will be $10-$15/day more.

BTW if you're going to Raleigh, why are you picking up a car in Greensboro?

And if you are renting for a month you will likely save substantially by renting away from the airport rental office, by as much as 30%.

ETA: OK I caved and checked your link. Greensboro off airport, for Nov 1 0800 - Nov 29 0800, I got £675 for a focus, or £24/day. That doesn't include insurance. FWIW I wouldn't recommend a Focus, it is going to seem tiny on US roads and you can get a Fusion for an extra £60/mth. At £2/day that is well worth it.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 8th 2016 at 3:33 am.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA- Hiring a car in USA (Budget.co.uk/com) - Is insurance included?

Strange. i just reset my VPN to UK and went on site. They quote £686.28 paying now or £722.40 paying on pick up.Thats for pickup/return to downtown Greensboro. The quote says it includes CDW,Additional liability insurance and unlimited mileage. I used to use National a lot when we visited the States and booking from the UK the price ALWAYS included insurance. OK you could add on such as GPS, child seat etc but never needed those.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, you need to click on "pick me" for the car you want to see what the price includes.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 5:14 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Typically, unless the insurance is covered by your company's contract with the rental firm, or through a corporate credit card, it's probably not included.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 1:26 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

Or how about checking in holiday car hire sites.

Every trip I've made I've used either holidayautos or argus car hire. You can Google them yourself instead of following links.

They tell you exactly what's included with the assumption that u pay for additional breakdown services, upgrades and tolls from the firm.

Prices do change also depending on demand

If you pick compact, you might end up with a focus or similar or if they have nothing available they upgrade u for free

Hope this helps
Old Oct 8th 2016, 1:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mangaboy84
..... If you pick compact, ....
I definitely wouldn't recommend booking a "compact" car (Fiesta of similar), given how small the difference in cost is in going up one or even two classes. (See post #2, last para.)
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

While a larger car would offer more space and comfort, I would disagree that you MUST book one. There are many, many cars the size of a Focus and smaller on the road and they are perfectly adequate, especially around town and for short journeys.

If you are going to do more than commute and day trips at the weekend, then something larger will certainly be more comfortable, but by no means a necessity.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Guindalf
While a larger car would offer more space and comfort, I would disagree that you MUST book one. There are many, many cars the size of a Focus and smaller on the road and they are perfectly adequate, especially around town and for short journeys.

If you are going to do more than commute and day trips at the weekend, then something larger will certainly be more comfortable, but by no means a necessity.
I was given a small Nissan once by a rental company, a Sentra, I think, and driving it was noisy and unpleasant - surprisingly roomy even for me (I am tall) but otherwise a PoS.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:31 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

i mearly suggested it since if non are available which could be common if they just stock normal sized American cars than its a free upgrade for the same price of car. I've had compacts before like Ford Focus, Mazda 3 and Mitsubishi lancer's which are large enough tbh for driving around but i've also been upgraded to a nissan maxima which is either intermediate or full before
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mangaboy84
i mearly suggested it since if non are available which could be common if they just stock normal sized American cars than its a free upgrade for the same price of car. I've had compacts before like Ford Focus, Mazda 3 and Mitsubishi lancer's .....
I was given a Mitsubishi once as a rental, about five years ago. It was quite possibly the worst car I have ever driven, worse than the Sentra I referred to above, and I think even worse than the 1980 Morris Ital which was my first car. It was noisy, sluggish, extremely thirsty, and had handling comparable to a Lincoln Towncar.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:42 pm
Conditional Resident

i quite liked my Mitsubishi lancer, was deffo a newer model, even looking for one as my first car when i land but that's more because i like jap cars than American muscle

btw i got a price between 651 - 751 depending on selection based on Greensboro and 28 days on argus car hire site
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I was given a Mitsubishi once as a rental, about five years ago. It was quite possibly the worst car I have ever driven, worse than the Sentra I referred to above, and I think even worse than the 1980 Morris Ital which was my first car. It was noisy, sluggish, extremely thirsty, and had handling comparable to a Lincoln Towncar.
Ha an Ital was an absolute luxury vehicle compared with my Maxi, that was beyond a PofS.

But then look at the wonderful vehicles produced around that time, Aggro, Maxi, Marina, Princess, all awful!

I was 'blasting' down the M5 in my Maxi when all of a sudden the effin bonnet opened, ripped completely off and narrowly missed the car behind!

That was a real bottom opener!
Old Oct 8th 2016, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by dj6372
.... I was 'blasting' down the M5 in my Maxi when all of a sudden the effin bonnet opened, ripped completely off .....
I bet you were glad that the hinges were of such poor quality/design that the bonnet ripped off, because the alternative could have been a whole lot worse!
Old Oct 8th 2016, 3:09 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Pulaski in his small rental...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.