Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK to USA Education?

UK to USA Education?

Old Apr 29th 2016, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to USA Education?

Originally Posted by jeepster
Your taking your kids through the expensive route as i would think YMCA, school teams and Park districts have much cheaper activities. But of course the local towns are all different.
The town classes were very sparse - AZ, where no one wants to pay taxes - and usually all snapped up quicker than H1b visas.

YMCA was about half an hour's drive from us, which, for two separate 45-60 minute classes, through rush hour traffic, would've got old really fast. Plus there was a real advantage, other than convenience, to using the gym a mile down the road. It really helped make us part of the community, as lots of kids from my daughter's school went to classes there and we'd constantly bump into other martial arts families in the supermarket, etc. The gym also did community events, like an Easter egg hunt, and Parents' Nights out babysitting sessions. In a way, it our equivalent of joining a church for the social life
Old Apr 29th 2016, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Kmaidment is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK to USA Education?

thank you all for your help, it's given my husband & me a lot of food for thought.