Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal in US

UK Passport Renewal in US

Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal in US

Originally Posted by footiemum
Ooh ta very much!
Enjoy your trip to Blighty.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

Originally Posted by footiemum
Lynne,
It should be fine to photocopy it without affecting the chip. BTW - the chip is new to me...is it for tracking purposes incase there's an accident? I got mine rather quickly also - I think it took about a fortnight. Thank goodness I didn't need to renew an American passport -they're well backlogged. I go home to Southport in three weeks Chips and gravy here I come!
I go home at Christmas cant wait either.I like to make copies in case it gets lost or stolen,I do the credit cards and drivers licsense.One never knows.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

gcarnachan is an unknown quantity at this point

i am sorry if i anger anyone here with my stupidity, but im really lost, my UK passport expired last month and i have no clue what to do, when i fill in the form c1, do i put my US address in the address field or the uk one on my passport? i even tried calling the phone number on the site and it is telling me it is invalid.
Any help is appreciated.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 6:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gcarnachan
i am sorry if i anger anyone here with my stupidity, but im really lost, my UK passport expired last month and i have no clue what to do, when i fill in the form c1, do i put my US address in the address field or the uk one on my passport? i even tried calling the phone number on the site and it is telling me it is invalid.
Any help is appreciated.
You put in the address where you are living...presumably the US.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gcarnachan
Any help is appreciated.
Just type in British Passport in Search and everything you need will appear .
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Lynnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -Motorman
I am a UK Citizen living in the US (Nevada) as a permanent resident. My UK
Passport expires in December 2007. I think the closest place to renew it is
in Los Angeles. My question is,do I actually have to go there to get my new
passport,or can I do it by mail? If so,which site do I have to go on or who
do I have to call. I think that US citizens can do it at the post
office,but I have the feeling I won't be so lucky !

thanks
I am an 'expat' but also now an American citizen. However I would like to keep my British Passport up todate(runs out this june) can I still renew it here through the british Embassy in Washington like I did before - or will I get unto trouble?
New to this Forum - Hi everyone!!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynnie
... can I still renew it here through the british Embassy in Washington like I did before - or will I get unto trouble?
You can renew it, yes. I am also a US citizen, and I renewed my UK passport in August through the British Embassy in DC.

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I am an 'expat' but also now an American citizen. However I would like to keep my British Passport up todate(runs out this june) can I still renew it here through the british Embassy in Washington like I did before - or will I get unto trouble?
New to this Forum - Hi everyone!!
Hello and welcome to BE.

You renew your UK PP as you did before...via Washington DC.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You can renew it, yes. I am also a US citizen, and I renewed my UK passport in August through the British Embassy in DC.

Ian
Thanks Ian - didn't think I would have a problem.
Have another question - anyone been 'home' lately and used a credit card? Last time I was back a couple of places refused my card as it didn't have a 'chip' in it! Can you get cards here that have chips???
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome to BE.

You renew your UK PP as you did before...via Washington DC.
Thanks Jerseygirl - I just moved from Jersey to Virginia
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:08 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Have another question - anyone been 'home' lately and used a credit card? Last time I was back a couple of places refused my card as it didn't have a 'chip' in it! Can you get cards here that have chips???
Most places don't have a problem - they can still just swipe the card like they used to do. However I did come across one place a while back that were probably just too dumb to know what to do with a non-chipped card. I even tried to argue the point with the manager but they refused to accept it. They may just have been confused as it was all new at that time.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I haven't been back in many years. I'll find out in July though. Sheila and I are going back to Scotland and England for a holiday... so I can report then.

Found this though: http://www.foodanddrinkeurope.com/ne...tesco-waitrose.

Ian
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a problem in most places. My wife once had a bit of a discussion at Tesco's. The cashier insisted that all credit cards had PIN's, but after a while she allowed her to do it the 'old fashioned way'.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks Jerseygirl - I just moved from Jersey to Virginia
Lucky you escaping the Jersey winters.

As already said most stores will accept overseas CCs without the chip and pin.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Chris_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just found the forum while looking for answers on renewals. Great info here! But, does anyone have an answer to my problem? Who can sign the back of my new photos? I'm in Yuma, Arizona, and don't have any local "Members of Parliament" to sign. Who do you use????
Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.