Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal in US

UK Passport Renewal in US

Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:38 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal in US

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
They aren't connected in any way Sarah...you apply to the UK Embassy in DC to renew your UK PP. So it will not affect UK PP's.

PS Going anywhere nice?
Not set in stone yet, but we're currently looking into starting our own business and with that it looks like the hubs could be going on a business trip to the UK and if he is, I'm going to try my hardest to tag along.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Not set in stone yet, but we're currently looking into starting our own business and with that it looks like the hubs could be going on a business trip to the UK and if he is, I'm going to try my hardest to tag along.
Cool...hope it all works out for you guys. Good luck.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:50 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcbarker
I just discovered that my 10 year passport has expired (3 years ago), and I need to renew. After downloading the C1 form, I noticed that I may need another form if my passport has already expired. I contacted the the UK Embassy through their online email system, and they tell me that they don't answer passport questions, and that I need to call the 900 number, which has a charge of over $2 per minute. Can you say ripoff? Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has gone through the same thing, and can tell me if I actually do need a different, or an additional form to renew my current passport? Any help would be appreciated.

Hmmmm..... I've just seen this in the online instructions on the embassy website aswell and not sure what to make of it

"To renew an expired or expiring passport or to obtain a first passport for a person over the age of 75 (born before 2 September 1929)

You should complete a United Kingdom Passport Service application form which you can obtain from our office. "

From: http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25302

Do they really expect people to go to Washington DC just to get a form?
How strange.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm..... I've just seen this in the online instructions on the embassy website aswell and not sure what to make of it

"To renew an expired or expiring passport or to obtain a first passport for a person over the age of 75 (born before 2 September 1929)

You should complete a United Kingdom Passport Service application form which you can obtain from our office. "

From: http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25302

Do they really expect people to go to Washington DC just to get a form?
How strange.
You can print the form from the website.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:34 pm
Senior Moment

You can print the form from the website.
What a daft way to word it though

Did you find a link to the form Jersey? I couldn't find it on the site.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

What a daft way to word it though

Did you find a link to the form Jersey? I couldn't find it on the site.
Here you go:

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=27933

This should be the form:

http://www.britainusa.com/consular/c1form04.pdf
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:14 am
Senior Moment

Ahhh so it is that form! For some reason I thought it was a different form that they were hiding from me!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:33 am
Just Joined

GeorgiaFifer is an unknown quantity at this point

How much does it cost for a new passport now? Mine is due to be renewed pretty soon.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:42 am
Just Joined

mcbarker is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh so it is that form! For some reason I thought it was a different form that they were hiding from me!
The way it was worded, I also thought that it was a different form. You have to love the British bureaucracy... They can make the simplest things sound so complicated. They are absolute masters of the art.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by GeorgiaFifer
How much does it cost for a new passport now? Mine is due to be renewed pretty soon.
http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...0&L2=0&a=45946
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

GeorgiaFifer is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Jersey...and shoot thats freakin expensive .
Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

I mailed in my application for my passport on the 2nd of July recieved it yesterday.My $250 pasport +$15 for postage.I will have to frame it when I stop travelling.
Now I have a question I would like to make a copy of it,But with the chip in it I may start world war 3 anyone know if it would be Ok.???
Lynne In Idaho
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

footiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hove
I mailed in my application for my passport on the 2nd of July recieved it yesterday.My $250 pasport +$15 for postage.I will have to frame it when I stop travelling.
Now I have a question I would like to make a copy of it,But with the chip in it I may start world war 3 anyone know if it would be Ok.???
Lynne In Idaho
Lynne,
It should be fine to photocopy it without affecting the chip. BTW - the chip is new to me...is it for tracking purposes incase there's an accident? I got mine rather quickly also - I think it took about a fortnight. Thank goodness I didn't need to renew an American passport -they're well backlogged. I go home to Southport in three weeks Chips and gravy here I come!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by footiemum
Lynne,
It should be fine to photocopy it without affecting the chip. BTW - the chip is new to me...is it for tracking purposes incase there's an accident? I got mine rather quickly also - I think it took about a fortnight. Thank goodness I didn't need to renew an American passport -they're well backlogged. I go home to Southport in three weeks Chips and gravy here I come!
It stores your bios.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/idcards/st...950226,00.html
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

footiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to all

Ooh ta very much!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.