Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal in US

UK Passport Renewal in US

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal in US

Originally Posted by footiemum
What a miserable, flippin dinner break - stood in the DMV for 40 minutes, to walk out no better off than when I walked in; went to the bank for my passport money order, which was another $4 (on top of the $265) and 20 minutes qued up; went to CVS for passpot photos and waited 15 minutes.... phew...glad it is over. I just overnighted my application *just* to be on the safe side with July 4 holiday coming up. Hope your experience is more pleasurable
Tired in Myrtle Beach
Mine was easy downloaded the forms off the web,photos done at Walgreens
about 30 mins.Went to the post office to mail it another 30 I think posrage was about $3;50 registered mail.I am not leaving untill December.So I have plenty of time.
Time to relax now........................Except we are going to get very hot by Friday 105 No Ac but downstairs is cool.
Lynne in Idaho
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by britvic
I did end up looking a lot more tanned than I really am though
haha!....Id rather look tanned than how pale I look right now tho! I started out only having to do a name change I now need a whole new passport thanks to my own stupidity. I left my passport lying around and my dog decided to eat it!.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

No they dont, I used WalMarts passport photo's, two for $7.95. I did end up looking a lot more tanned than I really am though
I looked tan also the first ones I was bright bloody red.I had him redo them still look a bit red.
Lynne in Idaho.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hove
I looked tan also the first ones I was bright bloody red.I had him redo them still look a bit red.
Lynne in Idaho.
now heres a thought.. Cant we renew the passports in England if were over there the same year the passports are expiring? Just thinking the kids are going over next year and their passports expire the end of the year, could i not send the passports off and the renewal application? they are going to be there for just over a month... or even go down and get them done there and then? I am sure its cheaper than the 265$
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss scouse atl
haha!....Id rather look tanned than how pale I look right now tho! I started out only having to do a name change I now need a whole new passport thanks to my own stupidity. I left my passport lying around and my dog decided to eat it!.
sorry shouldn't laugh really. The new one's are so cool have a little micro chip in the back.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deedee13
now heres a thought.. Cant we renew the passports in England if were over there the same year the passports are expiring? Just thinking the kids are going over next year and their passports expire the end of the year, could i not send the passports off and the renewal application? they are going to be there for just over a month... or even go down and get them done there and then? I am sure its cheaper than the 265$
Thats a good idea actually. I thought of doing it myself till the dog ate mine and now its beyond useable!. It will prob be cheaper aswell.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry shouldn't laugh really. The new one's are so cool have a little micro chip in the back.
not to mention the pretty pics of birds.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well mine has or should I say HAD a chip in the back!. I wouldnt mind but its brand new. I only got it 9 months ago back at home for when I moved here and I was only doing the name change cos I started working for an airline. Oh well ANOTHER brand new passport it is.....lol
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Well mine has or should I say HAD a chip in the back!. I wouldnt mind but its brand new. I only got it 9 months ago back at home for when I moved here and I was only doing the name change cos I started working for an airline. Oh well ANOTHER brand new passport it is.....lol
So are you sending the well chewed one in or was it lost to the bowls of despair
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

So are you sending the well chewed one in or was it lost to the bowls of despair
ur cruel!! My brother who doesnt trust anyone says that chip in the passport is so they can track where u are! so ur dog is going to be tracked now!! LMAO... a james bond movie gone wrong!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

hahahaha!!!.......I can send it in...may aswell give them a laugh!.

He chewed all the edges of it and the chip is still intact but no way can I use it. He actually chewed my old one aswell as they were both together, I was gutted about that one cos it had stamps from all over the world in it!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Deedee13
ur cruel!! My brother who doesnt trust anyone says that chip in the passport is so they can track where u are! so ur dog is going to be tracked now!! LMAO... a james bond movie gone wrong!
I dont care if it is, I have nothing to hide.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hahahaha!!!.......I can send it in...may aswell give them a laugh!.

He chewed all the edges of it and the chip is still intact but no way can I use it. He actually chewed my old one aswell as they were both together, I was gutted about that one cos it had stamps from all over the world in it!
What are you like "mummy of the doggie"
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

What are you like "mummy of the doggie"
if she fed it once in a while it wouldnt eat the passports!!!! although maybe its trying to tell her something : )
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I left my passport lying around and my dog decided to eat it!.[/QUOTE]

I thought that excuse was only good for homework?
Reg. Frank R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.