Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Dec 1st 2017, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Recently found Jammie Dodgers at the World Market in Boulder.

Was about $5 a pack and they were soggy, such a disappointment. Me and my wife are heading back to the UK for Christmas though and I'm purposely not taking many clothes with me so I have plenty of space to fill up the suitcase with stuff!
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robtuck
That's a sample :-)
I wish...that's barely 2 oz down my way

Did find some Old Engine Oil, in a craft beer store in Sudbury, though.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I wish...that's barely 2 oz down my way

Did find some Old Engine Oil, in a craft beer store in Sudbury, though.
I asked for the reason for selling 6 oz glasses. It is because it's $11 a pint(UK) and for other because it's a high ABV.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 4:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
I asked for the reason for selling 6 oz glasses. It is because it's $11 a pint(UK) and for other because it's a high ABV.
Up in Maine, craft places do it as there's a limit to what a tap room can serve per portion and within a period of time before they need to get a proper license. I can't remember the details, but you can basically sell your home brew at fairs, as long as it's in small glasses and you don't sell more than something like 6 gallons a month, you don't need a license.
Old Dec 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen ginger wine sold in the US?
Old Dec 22nd 2017, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Has anyone seen ginger wine sold in the US?
Stone's Ginger Wine | Total Wine & More
Old Dec 23rd 2017, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CA-NY
Thanks for this, it's local so don't even have to worry about shipping costs. Oh crap, not available for pickup or shipping. I will take a trip, maybe they will have some.

Last edited by mrken30; Dec 23rd 2017 at 1:19 am.
Old Dec 25th 2017, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

plasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Yonkers and Bronx NY area.
Ideal market at the top of Yonkers ave, have a whole isle of British goods from most Cadbury's goods. Roundtrees and other, all main British biscuits, breakfast items, frozen sausage rolls, the list is endless. On McLean ave there is a small deli two doors down from the Chipper Truck café that has an isle of British stuff, I bought a huge tin of Foxes assorted biscuits a Cadbury selection box, Walker crisps and other stuff, if you feel hungry right there go into the Chipper truck and get an English breakfast or even some hot sausage rolls to take out. On Broadway in the Bronx, right opposite the Hare and the Tortoise there is the 'Gourmet deli' selling English stuff including all flavours of Bisto, Lucosade PG tips ad other stuff, Mars bars, Flakes and many more on the shelf.
If you ever cross into Canada you can go to duty free and the list of English candy is endless,
Old Dec 30th 2017, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

MorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud of

Myers of Keswick downtown in NYC.

I went there earlier this week and spent an embarrassing amount of money on chocolates, as well as some Cumberland sausages, sausage rolls, scotch eggs and a pork pie. Last night I made a toad in the hole using some of the sausages, with some roast potatoes and Bisto Gravy (also from Myers) and it was like a big warm hug.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MorsePacific
Myers of Keswick downtown in NYC.

I went there earlier this week and spent an embarrassing amount of money on chocolates, as well as some Cumberland sausages, sausage rolls, scotch eggs and a pork pie. Last night I made a toad in the hole using some of the sausages, with some roast potatoes and Bisto Gravy (also from Myers) and it was like a big warm hug.
This sounds bloody gorgeous. I, too, recently made toad-in-the-hole (and introduced it to my TITH-virgin husband, who described it as 'eggy' ) - I'm yet to go out of my way to find a decent sausage, though. Our local Wegman's had a quite impressive British section (no fresh or frozen produce, though - mainly tins of soup, packets of biscuits, and lots of condiments), and I saw some Bisto - I'll be headed back to stock up. It is a far more efficient way to make gravy compared to the jarred stuff or sachets I've found over here!

I did treat myself to a jar of Branston's pickle while I was there - the labelling was entirely different, but it did say Branston's, and it was gorgeous. Had it with a grilled cheese, so a nice little mix of British and American.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 2:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by KK85
...- I'm yet to go out of my way to find a decent sausage, though. Our local Wegman's had a quite impressive British section (no fresh or frozen produce, though - mainly tins of soup, packets of biscuits, and lots of condiments), and I saw some Bisto - I'll be headed back to stock up. It is a far more efficient way to make gravy compared to the jarred stuff or sachets I've found over here!
They usually have a nice seasonal one for Paddy's Day, usually comes out towards end of Jan.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 3:41 am
Just Joined

GeekyGal is an unknown quantity at this point

I just found Hobnobs in the Publix store in Winston Salem (NC). I have also rekindled my love for them.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Wegman's, out here at least have just rolled out the Irish Bangers. Local store got them in today. $7 a pack of 6.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 7:03 am
UK->US

Katdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud of

Found milk choc digestives here in Wal-Mart, Port Arthur TX. Godsend. Looking to check out the local Sam's Club and bigger Wal-Marts soon.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

World Market are having 75% off British Christmas treats... Managed to back 2 boxes of classic sweets (sherbet dip, blackjacks, fruit salad, refreshers) for 3 bucks a piece. Also managed to get a box of fudge and honeycomb chocolate, similar to a Crunchie, for a dollar each.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.