Reload this Page >

Uk citizen wanting to move to usa

Uk citizen wanting to move to usa

Old Oct 18th 2017, 12:36 am
Just Joined

jason777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk citizen wanting to move to usa

hi

I'm a UK citizen from northern Ireland wanting to move to kill devil hills in North Carolina.
I cannot get the correct information on any site and it's all too difficult tto understand. I also would like to work and to be with my fiance there. How do I go about this? Also I am seeking for someone who can write me a professional funding campaign to help with costs of travel and living expenses until I can obtain a job there. How would I go about all of this?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk citizen wanting to move to usa

Thought you were quite serious until I got to the :

Also I am seeking for someone who can write me a professional funding campaign to help with costs of travel and living expenses until I can obtain a job there. How would I go about all of this?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 18th 2017, 1:17 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jason777
hi

I'm a UK citizen from northern Ireland wanting to move to kill devil hills in North Carolina.
I cannot get the correct information on any site and it's all too difficult tto understand. I also would like to work and to be with my fiance there. How do I go about this? Also I am seeking for someone who can write me a professional funding campaign to help with costs of travel and living expenses until I can obtain a job there. How would I go about all of this?
Here’s your campaign:

You and your fiancée decide if you will move to the US via the fiancé visa or the spouse visa. Then you both work hard and save up until you can afford the fees and the cost of your move. Then, you start the process.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 1:24 am
Just Joined

jason777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Here’s your campaign:

You and your fiancée decide if you will move to the US via the fiancé visa or the spouse visa. Then you both work hard and save up until you can afford the fees and the cost of your move. Then, you start the process.
Thankyou for this honest reply. But is it possible to pay for a visa after you receive it? I assumed you had to pay before you received it?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 1:28 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for this honest reply. But is it possible to pay for a visa after you receive it? I assumed you had to pay before you received it?
You decide which visa you will apply for, save the money, THEN you start the process.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

hi

Get off your lazy butt, quit thinking the world owes you something and make an income for yourself.

English law stripping you of work? Bullshit.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Oct 18th 2017 at 4:11 am. Reason: Removed quote .
Old Oct 18th 2017, 1:46 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

As you have the luck of the Irish, you take a chance on the lottery!
Old Oct 18th 2017, 1:50 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

What's this? I've missed something...English law stripping people of work? Huh? And since when was a job a right? It's a privilege! Do what the rest of us did - get a better job, eBay your stuff, sell your car, move in with your parents (unless you haven't left yet), work overtime, get a second job... do whatever it takes to get there.

It doesn't cost as much as you think.

My visa costs were less than £1000. That was over the course of a year. I'll wager most young lads spend more than that on beer and nights out over the course of a year. You don't pay it all at once. My ticket here cost £250 or so. I started work less than 2 weeks after I arrived. After selling my laptop, TV, appliances, furniture, and even old clothes by the kilo I pretty much broke even.

But I'd have scrubbed toilets every night after doing my regular job if that's what it took to be with my husband.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 1:52 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
As you have the luck of the Irish, you take a chance on the lottery!
that reminds me, did you see this??
https://www.voanews.com/a/us-green-c...-/4072305.html

OP your luck might in!!!

Even if you are a cheeky little so and so.....
Old Oct 18th 2017, 2:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your Fiance has to be your financial sponsor so that is the money sorted.

North Carolina, obvious the top destination.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve got some drywall that needs doing which I keep putting off doing as the hunting is about to get into full swing here in Colorado... Interested?

But seriously, get a job. Get a second job. Sell your things. Fund your visa, obtain your visa.

Also, what makes you think getting a job in the US is easy?!
Old Oct 18th 2017, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

No, visas are not "pay as you go" and they also are not given on credit.

*sigh*.

Your fiancee will have to be your financial sponsor. She needs to show that she can support you at 100% of the poverty guidelines (which is what, other forumites, about $15,000?). This form is called an "Affidavit of Support." However when you go to apply for a Green Card that will go up to 125%.

Conducting a fund-raising campaign would likely get you rejected. US Immigration isn't too keen on letting anyone in who will go straight to financial assistance, which is what a "fundraising campaign" would indicate to them would happen (and they don't just close their eyes and ask to see a single bank statement - they ask how you got the money and that has to be proven for them). This is true for almost every country in the world including the UK.

If your fiancee doesn't have the money another option is if she has another USC relative who can put up the cash and be a joint sponsor.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Lanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
I’ve got some drywall that needs doing which I keep putting off doing as the hunting is about to get into full swing here in Colorado... Interested?

But seriously, get a job. Get a second job. Sell your things. Fund your visa, obtain your visa.

Also, what makes you think getting a job in the US is easy?!
Hey what do you hunt? White tail deer?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond repute

hi

"Go Fund Me"?

Doesn't Northern Ireland have immigration privileges to the US that the rest of the UK does not? Or have I missed something? Probably missed something, I'm sure I'll soon find out.

Last edited by jeepster; Oct 18th 2017 at 4:13 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.