Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Citizen, Lost UK Passport In US - PLEASE HELP

UK Citizen, Lost UK Passport In US - PLEASE HELP

Old May 4th 2009, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

johntysoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Citizen, Lost UK Passport In US - PLEASE HELP

Ok, I'm not actually panicking as much as the title might suggest at all in fact. I have obtained my police report and filled out my C1 Form and my LS01 Form and have my 2 photographs (One counter-signed).

I've been through all the government web sites and advice sites etc and I'm pretty sure that is all I need (besides the fee obviously).

I can't see that I need any other documentation to replace a lost or stolen passport on any of the sites but I am worried as I was about to send off the forms etc this afternoon and then got concerned I might be missing some 'documents'.

I know I could call Abtran but the charges for calling are ridiculous. I am going to call the British Consulate and see what they say but in the mean time I would really really appreciate any thoughts/advice on this. I don't want to send off for the replacement and have the application rejected, I need it to get my green card!

Thanks
Old May 4th 2009, 4:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Citizen, Lost UK Passport In US - PLEASE HELP

Originally Posted by johntysoe
I don't want to send off for the replacement and have the application rejected, I need it to get my green card!
How so?
Old May 4th 2009, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

They stamp the passport at the interview with the green card validation.

Really, I just need to know about the documents.
Old May 4th 2009, 5:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

They stamp the passport at the interview with the green card validation.

Really, I just need to know about the documents.
If you don't have a current/valid passport, they stamp an I-94 for you with the 'green card validation'.
I won't bother you any more.
Old May 4th 2009, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, I realised that last message didn't sound very greatful.
I am just going through a lot of stress with the whole process and I didn't mean to come off as ungreatful for any advice.
Thankyou for your help
Old May 4th 2009, 6:43 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

I don't believe you are missing anything. The consulate won't be able to tell you any more than the form does. Just make sure you send in everything the form requests.

I had to do this myself when I "lost" my passport. I was expecting my old one to turn up after getting the new one, as is usually the case with lost objects, but nope, it is still lost and I'm taking more care of the new one.
Old May 4th 2009, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, piece of mind for sure. I actually didn't send it off this afternoon in case anyone responded with an alternative answer. I'm about 90% certain I have everything.

I tried Abtran, the Consulate and neither could get me through to an actual person, just a machine! Ridiculous!

There should be a number for people like us to call that is separate from those orgnisations where we can get advice and which doesn't charge us $3 a minute to listen to automated messages!

Actually, there probably is somewhere but they don't make it very easy to find!

Thanks again, I'll be mailing it all off tomorrow. Did you make the postage payment out to the British Embassy Government Account also? Fed-Ex said they do a service whereby you set up a Fed-Ex account and they just deduct it from there when they send you the new one. What did you do?
Old May 5th 2009, 1:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, piece of mind for sure. I actually didn't send it off this afternoon in case anyone responded with an alternative answer. I'm about 90% certain I have everything.

I tried Abtran, the Consulate and neither could get me through to an actual person, just a machine! Ridiculous!

There should be a number for people like us to call that is separate from those orgnisations where we can get advice and which doesn't charge us $3 a minute to listen to automated messages!

Thanks again, I'll be mailing it all off tomorrow. Did you make the postage payment out to the British Embassy Government Account also? Fed-Ex said they do a service whereby you set up a Fed-Ex account and they just deduct it from there when they send you the new one. What did you do?
Normally return delivery charges are included in the price of the PP...you do not need to pay extra.
Old May 8th 2009, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

TonyD is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=johntysoe;7540798]

This seems to be a general and serious problem. We need a way to communicate this to the Embassy to ensure Abtran have the resources to give prompt service. None of these questions ,nor any of the problems are new ,nor unexpected. It is a simple call centre management issue. If we don't communicate it to the Embassy we can't fault them for not dealing with it.
So how do we contact the Embassy when they don't take calls about Passport matters?? I am advocating this with the intent of helping to solve a growing problem before it becomes even more serious. Can any Forum member help?