Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to Florida. Need to know everything!

Thinking of moving to Florida. Need to know everything!

Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:08 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Florida. Need to know everything!

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Plenty of advisors on this board and probably a few who have solicited as well.

Tell us about your jobs and financial situation.
Hello mate, you have you been?

I missed you!
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:16 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I can't be arsed to google the Man banging his head on the desk picture again.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Go on.....it is Friday.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

what, this head banger one?
Attached Thumbnails Thinking of moving to Florida. Need to know everything!-photon.gif  
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:20 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Me likes that one Bob.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:20 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

I can think of a few options:

1: Do you have a spare million in the bank to invest in the USA
2: Are either of you US citizens
3: If no to 2 get divorced and each find a US citizens to marry
4: Are you students maybe a job in Disneyland or a summer camp
5: Do either of you have a specialized job may be get a company to sponsor you

Well there's a start but something tells me this is an alias to wake the board/bored up!

If not welcome to BE OP

Last edited by britontour; Jul 7th 2006 at 10:27 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:21 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That'll do nicely, cheers Bob
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
You're sick you are...but I like it.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by mum2two
Hi, I'm Gemma,
Hi Gemma, I'm Rushamn

have a partner Tom
No need to panic love, I only said "Hi".
We live in Leicester
Ok, you can panic now
and we hate it
Hey, at least it's not Yorkshire
We've been talking about moving for a while and we've decided to go with Florida.
Oh..really....there's a suprise.:
BUT we don't own our house at the minute and have never had a mortgage so have absolutely no idea how to go about it.
You get this thing called a M O R G A G E

How my partner can work.
That's always a bonus when you want to emigrate
Does he have to be transferred from his work now? Or will he have to get another job when over there?
If you're planning on using his employment transfer for a visa then I'm guessing he would have to be transferred with the same employer. As he needs his employer to get the visa I think you've answered your own question really.

What happens when you buy a house abroad, in what order?
You find a house - You get this thing called a M O R T G A G E- and then you usually live in it and then you come onto this forum and complain about everything in America and how much better off you were in Leicester.

Or later if there's something else we should know.
I'll be honest with you, if your you and your husband have not got a mortgage on your current house then I'm guessing he isn't paid a fortune. If he isn't paid a fortune it's because either 1: His job is not exactly rocket science and is not a highly paid profession. 2: It is a highly paid profession but your husbands firm think they have a right mug and are paying him peanuts 3: As a couple you suck with money. Whichever scenario it may be you are very unlikely to be getting a transfer to his company's US division and therefore not going to get a visa either.

Thanks in advance. Really want to move over there, been there a few times and have always hated coming back. lol
Dont go there agin, you are going to hate coming back the next time when you realise that you're never likely to live there.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Me likes that one Bob.
it makes a great avatar if it weren't so large
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

That'll do nicely, cheers Bob
so it weren't the one you were thinking of? *lol*
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You're sick you are...but I like it.
hehe

Why, why why, is it always bloody Florida? 50 States to choose from, well 49 if you discount NJ and I would.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:41 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Why, why why, is it always bloody Florida? 50 States to choose from, well 49 if you discount NJ and I would.
It's the Orlando factor.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by clydegirl
It's the Orlando factor.
Are they planning on living at Disney? Maybe they can get jobs as Minnie and Mickey, although getting a Visa based on that may be a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.